Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 11, 2007, 8:08 PM   #11

Ebay sells many models from a defect to a new one

Radioshack sold a sanyo xacti c4 an old model at 199.99

amazon sold models as well as low as 199.99 but as well as ebay they're marked up in ways?

ther is a h2 series at 1400.00

so your best bet is to research, rahter run out to a store? go to the sanyo ask some questions there?

some members lover their cg6 model and that is the middle model, h1 is the 70p model?

it is a real confusing thing to decide what is best? you cannot compare the Sanyo model to an Aiptek model it is like a hyundai to a acura
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 14, 2007, 11:15 PM   #12

I have posted in othe topics, but I need to find a camcorder. Got a friend and I making a full length indy film. HD isn't needed, but good SD is needed and 640x480 isn't enough. I think 720x480 would be great and we can do audio seperately and sync it up. On www.svp-tech.com there are some that do D1 quality. I mean, really, how good is all of these? The sanyo's are great, but damn they are to high. Plus they are putting way to may 720p camcorder's out, they even got the HD700 coming out:

http://us.sanyo.com/entertainment/ca...productID=1518

They are good, but some have focus issues etc.

Is there a camcorder that is uses SD cards that can do standard definition and looks great when put on a dvd? Sound can be synced with a sony mini disc recorder and boom mic, then using software to sync the audio. My quest keeps on going but I think there is a hybrid that is good what we need.
sandmanfvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 12:22 AM   #13

Sandman, so let me make sure I've got this right. You main issue is that you need 720x480 resolution, not 640x480? You realize, of course, that you're only talking about 80 pixels difference? Also your standard composite video signal and standard composite PAL or NTSC television isn't going to give you more than about 320 to 480 distinguishable pixels in the horizontal resolution. So if you're goal is to put it on DVD in standard definition, 640x480 is just fine. In fact, if you compare the 640x480 that comes out of my Sanyo CG6 to the 720x480 that comes out of my Aiptek MPVR+, you'll find that the Sanyo actually has more detail, despite the lower resolution. Also if you are going to want to do any of the videography indoors, I think the Sanyo is probably the only one that will fit the bill.

It is possible that the Aiptek A-HD might be suitable. I keep waiting to see a clip from the A-HD in the D1 mode (Fishy, can you take some D1 video on yours sometime and let us see?) Still, I'm not sure the A-HD will hold up indoors. It might if you have enough lighting. I would say the Go-HD but it is probably over your price range if the Sanyo's are too expensive as they cost about the same. As long as you had the Aiptek product on a tripod, I think the wavy framebuffer issue wouldn't be a problem. Audio wouldn't be a problem either, if as you say, it is external.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 4:30 AM   #14

Adric , today I shall try D1 for you guys.

1 16:9 ratio are more and more on the market, over 4:4 ratio

2 Aiptek are he hybrids qwe are mostly talking about today, due to the instore purchase?

3 SVP some members own, and complain as well about, theway it handels,so Aiptek is not alone in this department?

4. sanyo is yes a higher priced , out of my budget range

I would go with a 720P b/c you'll get a better dvd over a MPVR, and other series?

the A-HD, or GO will hold up to Indoor shots, any camcorder will do th same? Money is not an issue , look into a sd camcorder the ssamsung at HSN.COM 300.00
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:25 AM   #15

80 pixels is still 80 pixles and when I burn it, I just don't want it to oops. I have seen some 640x480 on here and they are to fuzzy and not sharp, but I did see a sample of the CG6 and a cat somebody had, thing was clear. I would like widescreen, but no needed. I guess I am worried about upscaling and loosing detail. adric22 can you take say a minute or so on cg6 on a tripod and put it in a zip file but the movie still be full quality? I think I need to burn me a sample and really get a "real life" example.

Our film will be outdoors in the daytime, indoors day and night, and out in a "cemetery" at night but we plan to light it correctly, so actors etc are actually viewable.

I think the SD card camcorders are the future. I just hate tape and IF we got mini dv, you have to capture in the ungodly high dv format that eats hard drive space, then convert it etc etc. I looked at the GO hd and the video was stunning as well. *shrugs* Something to have great quality on a dvd to be played on any tv is what we need, audio will be done externally. Thanks again.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:11 PM   #16

GO-HD A-HD both same 720p and quality 3x optical and well 2 or 3 extras is it worth now about 100.00 more

videos are being worked on, I went out and well yep camera resets back to HD from D1 settings hmm a memory and that I hope i do not have to repeat the pond again? stay tuned for A-HD samples
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:42 PM   #17

Thanks. I think we will go with this route, due to being able to pull videos into the pc and edit them. I heard the quality of the a-hd isn't good (build wise) how good are they and do you think they will stand up to being used alot? (not being abused).
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:56 PM   #18

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0P6CWCHK 352x240

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=I69JYRZR 1280x720

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=SS8VBZR7 720x480

same shot of the water overlooking the bay?

the A-Hd abuse do not drop, no matter what hybrid it is do not drop? Both the sanyo and the Aiptek feel too light? I dropped my MPVr and tht lead me to purchase a new one , it fell on the joystick part , causing th nav not to work in full. I got a new onewhy, love it

I crashed my Mustek as well broke the screen door, glued it , found 2 for a low price and I use the broken one as a reader for now?
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:58 PM   #19

I will check those out tonight at home, can't get to that site at work here. I figure you can't drop them, but some that buy mustek just have them "stop working" because they are not made sturdy enough. I plan to put one in a padded case or something.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 2:37 PM   #20

my Mustek dropped a number of times and never broke, my mustek I crashed did , due to my own fault I forgot to close the screen while going 20 plus with a remote car? I dropped th MPVR (aiptek less then a foot LMAO it broke?

So all dependshow you drop it? 10 feet sounds bad, right, it survived but lost the footage?