Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:40 PM   #1

Im very new to the whole hybrid camera thing, I do work as an electronic sales associate but all we sell at my store is a DXG506v which I've never used before b/c we just got in in but ive never heard of it before so it must oops. Anyways I'm looking to buy a hybrid around $100 I need something that has good quality video with minimal frame skipping, and i would like for it to do allright in low light situations if possible. I've been looking into the new aiptek a-hd but I dont have a high def. tv to play it back on so im not sure if i should get it or not, is it worth the extra $50 anyways I plan on making movies and burning them to a dvd and playing them back in a dvd player also i would like to hook it up to the tv while shooting. K, well im not going to beat around the bush, lol im using it to shoot movies with me and my gf and some of her freinds (hints the low light situations, lol) but I would like to use it for more than just that too I would also be shooting some roadtrips I go on during the day time. If you guys really think it will be worth the extra money I will get the a-hd if the video quality is that much better, I allready have a 2gb sd card too!!! But really the only brand I ever hear about aiptek, so that's all I know, experts please help me out.

Thanks
mattlew62 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 11, 2007, 2:51 PM   #2

Matt Welcome in?

1 you do not need a hdtv to view you are best to film in 720 at dvd quality? 1080 is more hd so if you're looking to shoot VIDEO this be the choice?

but remember keep it clean ?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:14 PM   #3

From the clips I've seen, I think the Aiptek A-HD is the best camera for the price (Currently $139) and even if you aren't using it in high-def mode (remember you can always turn the resolution down to 720x480) it is still a better camera than the DXG or many of the other ones in that price range. One good thing about the A-HD is that I think it is probably the only camera in the price range that actually delivers a true 30 frames per second. You showed concern about frame-skip, well the other cameras (even Aiptek cameras) in the $100 price range claim 30 fps but really deliver more like 18 fps. As for the low-light issue. Honestly, there is not a camera made in the $100 price range that has good low light performance. Your best bet would be to find a used Sanyo Xacti on ebay. That might fall into the right price range and would have good low-light performance. However, the A-HD does better indoors than some of the other Aiptek models.

Normally we like to share clips taken with our hybrids. However, your case may be different.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 3:31 PM   #4

LOL. Gotta love a guy who is honest. So you're looking to make alittle homemade action with the Mrs. for around $100. To be honest I am not sure what you could get for that amount but I know that the MVPR can be found for around that or less and might fit the bill. Either that or spend some more money on the A or even more on a used Sanyo Xacti.

Good luck - not only on the camera but getting the Mrs to agree ;-)
AiptekFinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:24 PM   #5

lol, im not married she's my gf and she's the one that wants to do it and a friend of hers to so I guess I got really lucky ; ) anyways sorry guys I will keep it clean, i was just letting u all know the situation I was using it for so u could help me out, thanks guys, lol
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:28 PM   #6

how much do you all think I can get this anyo axacti for used???
Old Oct 11, 2007, 4:37 PM   #7

no problem?

we're here for all reasons ?

the sanyo at new lowest price seen 200, used if workig anywhere from a low price
Old Oct 11, 2007, 5:41 PM   #8

Fishy -

Where did you see it for $200? I can't find it below $300. Feel free to PM me if needed.

Thanks.
Old Oct 11, 2007, 6:53 PM   #9

Never did I mention a Model, just a brand, it is where you lookif in radioshack, my local has the older model 200.00 to online?

you have to watch for deals? again like I mention I never said what model?
Old Oct 11, 2007, 7:19 PM   #10

OK now I am totally confused. Off to the store to check things out.