Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:08 AM   #1

I just tested Aiptek Pocket DV H100 and I have to say that I was very disappointed. I had to return this camera to store. First it was big and bulky sized and main weakness was really high noise level, even with external microphone noise was unbearable. This camera was real joke, even my Aiptek DV5700 has better sound, I don't beleave this, couple of years since DV5700 and no progress in their products. I am saving my money to new HD quality cameras like Canon or Sony, they are also hybrid but huge difference in quality and also in price, but it is really worth it. I don't want no more headache with cheap hybrids.
Alan Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 12, 2007, 10:31 AM   #2

I think you would be surprised if you downloaded some sample clips of the new Aiptek A-HD. In fact, as far as Aiptek is concerned, I think that is just about the only product we talk about anymore. It looks like they have a really good product there (for the price for $139) And will likely put Aiptek lightyears ahead of the competition of cheap hybrids fora while.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 12, 2007, 1:20 PM   #3

Alan Wake:

This is the Model from Aiptek.DE not a USA model?

Get it all out my Friend, all out , trust me, we need Aiptek to hear this and understand why?

The DV5700 (IS-DV) I have and love

the Samsung may be one to look at SD card

[align=center]
[align=right] [/align]
HSN.com video is best experienced on a high-bandwidth connection.
While we have detected that your connection speed may not be optimal for viewing videos, you can still
watch the video. [/align]

[size=][/size]
[size=Aiptek h100 pro is a camcorder look alikedevice I go with a canon elura model starting at 160 plus?][/size]
[size=][/size]
[size=If We tell you to look at the A-HD let me tell you my JVC never crashed or had a glitch when started, the A-Hd shows more and more dead starts? I would like to see some samples, from the model thank you][/size]
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 6:30 AM   #4

H100 was really big, not pocket sized anymore, which was really annoying, becouse I was looking for pocket sized camcorder. I also like when I am able to browse quickly pictures and videos. I may have some samples left in my memory card, if I didn't hastiily format it. I was too devasted from bad sound quality, becouse DV5700 was so fine little camcorder, there is only very little noise in sound.

There just isn't any other pocket sized camcorder models in here. Higher price range hybrid camcorders are much much bigger and if I choose HDV or DV tape, no more quick browsing videos anymore. I must choose harddisk camcorder model, but they are too bulky to carry around all the time. It looks like upgrading hybrid camera is real pain for me.

Samsung HMX-10 looks promising, becouse it is small and maybe could take also decent photos with it, hope it is good in quality.
Old Oct 15, 2007, 11:25 AM   #5

I too was looking at the Aiptek's amy local Target store but they seemed cheap and not having a very good optical zoom. I then spotted the Sanyo Xacti CG6 at my local Walmart and purchased it for $299 and loved it, but then saw that Sam's club had the Sanyo HD2 for a little more at $575 so I returned the Xacti CG6 and ordered the HD2. That was 2 weeks ago and now they got the HD1000 out so now I may be selling my HD2 to get the HD1000 :G. I say get a Sanyo, try out the Xacti CG6 at your local Walmart to get a feel for how Sanyo's quality and performanceis compared to the Aiptek. You can always return the Xacti CG6.It may not do HD just the regular 640x480 but it is very small and pocketable and will give you an idea of how Sanyo's quality and performance is compared to the Aiptek. Hope this helps. God Bless :-)
JRDELUNAIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 1:06 PM   #6

I agree with both your imput, the sayo's hold may not suit some, nor the body? all both Aiptek and Sanyo are not a metal feal at all. for that I am so happy I have the Casio real metal heavyiness, amy be a better buy but may lead to tired arms LOL
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 15, 2007, 6:19 PM   #7

Thanks for advice, Sanyo is very good choice, but too bad it isn't sold here and I don't want mess around with ordering by mail or from abroad. I had Casio S770, but it has 10 minute video limit, so I had to return it, also zooming during video wasn't possible in that model. I was also considering Panasonic SDR-S10, which is small enough, but it can't really take good pictures and LCD doesn't turn full 270, which is useful if you are shooting yourself.