Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 18, 2007, 7:03 AM   #1

Hi, is there some cheap generic battery for this, or do i have to pay the full price from aiptek,if so can u tell me where i can pic 1 up.Thx:?
Turboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Oct 18, 2007, 11:48 AM   #2

The NP-60 battery should be fairly common as it is used in Fujitsu cameras from what I understand and should be available at some electronics stores and probably cameras stores. Online via search I've seen them as low as $10.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 12:16 PM   #3

1 cent plus 5-10.00 on ebay

at a local electronic store under the name Everready. and as hdguy mentions

40.00 everready and 12.00 at Aiptek at this time if available
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 2:38 PM   #4

Thx for the info hdguy and fishy greatly appreciated.
Turboll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 18, 2007, 2:57 PM   #5

look for a batery and charger that will get youa good savings as well? I own number of models and lucky

the Aiptek IS-DV works for the A-HD and GO
Old Dec 21, 2007, 5:16 PM   #6

FishyComics - Thanks for all of the posts you have done for the Aiptek HD cameras. Your efforts have been invaluable. They were the deciding factors in me pulling the trigger on the A-HD and I think it is awesome.

About the topic of replacement batteries,I saw in the past you posted about using a old Nokia phone battery as well on an earlier Aiptek model. I don't care what type of battery it is (NP-60, Nokia 8150, etc.) as long as it has the longest possible battery life possible.

My questions are -
1 - Is 1400 highest mAh available for NP-60 currently?
2 - Are there any other battery types (Nokia, etc) with higher mAh that would work?
3 - Are there any particular battery manufacturers you trust more or trust less?
4 - Are there any particular merchants you shop from?
5 - Do you use anything like Lenmar's SpeedCharger?
6 - Have you found a way to power (not just charge) the unit via USB, even if there is not a battery installed? I can when plugged into AC adapter with unit but the USB does not power, even in DC ipod car adapter. I lights up but does not give enough juice.

And one non-battery question (I'm not sure if there is a different post on this)
7- Do you use monopods, hand stems,or other gizmos to minimize shake when tripods are not practical?

I know there are a lot ofquestions to this so response to any one of these would be greatly appreciated.

Here is the link I found for the 1400 mAh (2 for $13 - ships from Hong Kong - flat $5.95 shipping for as many batteries as you like)

http://www.suntekstore.com/2_pack_14...t_battery.html
Seenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 21, 2007, 5:33 PM   #7

Seenile wrote:
Quote:

My questions are -
1 - Is 1400 highest mAh available for NP-60 currently?
2 - Are there any other battery types (Nokia, etc) with higher mAh that would work?
3 - Are there any particular battery manufacturers you trust more or trust less?
4 - Are there any particular merchants you shop from?
5 - Do you use anything like Lenmar's SpeedCharger?
6 - Have you found a way to power (not just charge) the unit via USB, even if there is not a battery installed? I can when plugged into AC adapter with unit but the USB does not power, even in DC ipod car adapter. I lights up but does not give enough juice.

And one non-battery question (I'm not sure if there is a different post on this)
7- Do you use monopods, hand stems,or other gizmos to minimize shake when tripods are not practical?
Welcome and thank you. do My best to help others enjoy thefun I have.

to answer what I can

Mono/tri /stem pods Yes I use thetripod, demo'd taking the tripod, resting it all three legs on the body gives you a less hand shake. I use a monopod for the bike and a lso did my survivor film

1-5 I use the standard Np-60 Usance works well does the job and no complaints, nokia oreveready but I keep to these simple ones 850-100 gives me the same time iffound and that link yes i give it a shot. butI already have a good supply. I found that now you can find some clearances on the Bestbuy shelfs but online is best . ebay watch out may be left overs. for me I am lucky I use the IS-DV charger.

now Aiptek sells a DC adapter. I am sure the Ipod isalmostthe same, possably a wire needs looping you need 4.5vdc to get the battery boosted that may be the problem.

tried my best thanks
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:13 PM   #8

The Aiptek requires 2A in order to be able to charge and function at the same time.

Sony PSP's also requires [email protected] in order to charge. I have something like this...

http://www.6deal.com/en/3-in-1-car-c...e-for-psp.html

...plugged into my cig lighter that provides [email protected] for my PSP and anything else that I can use a USB plug to charge. There is no fear of overloading an Ipod or cellphone when charging because it will only draw as much current as it needs.

Just make sure if you pick one up that it's rated 5v @ 2Amps...it's the 2Amps that you need...

Seenile wrote:
Quote:
6 - Have you found a way to power (not just charge) the unit via USB, even if there is not a battery installed?* I can when plugged into AC adapter with unit but the USB does not power, even in DC ipod car adapter.* I lights up but does not give enough juice....
Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 10:37 PM   #9

Thanks again for the response and info.

I am going to do an experiment (length of continuous shoot, etc.) with those 1400 mAhs batteries (from the link above) vs the stock battery vs a $5 battery (after shipping - from power101.com). Since I don't have a stock pile, hopefully this will helps others as well. Should have the results posted in about a month.

I know cheap batteries can be hit-or-miss (from prior experience with my camera) but I am hoping that I can record for an hour straight, which is the average length of my flag football and basketball league games. From what heard from Aiptek, you can get about 30-45 minutes from the standard battery so an extra 40% theoretically should last 42-63 minutes. Turn off the display and hopefully that will stretch that 42 minutes minimum up just enough.

I decided to skip the dc charger and just use an inverter with the AC adapter because I am not sure if the official Aiptek 12v car charger will power the unit.

FYI - I'll eventually put this on a separate post, but there is a sweet compact monopod that you can use to record video or take pictures of yourself with others (so you don't have to ask others to take a picture of you). I think the Aiptek cameras are light enough to work and would be nice with remote control. It is called an xShot and sells for $25. It ends up having a3D-like effect with video:
http://www.xshotpix.com/videos.html
http://www.xshotpix.com/gallery.html

Seenile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 12:39 PM   #10

I used to be a fan of the cheap clone batteries. But after a few years of seeing how they perform, I'll try to get brand-name batteries from now on.

The cheap clone e-Bay batteries seem good at first, but they rather quickly lose their ability to hold a full charge. They lose both duration, and how well they hold a charge while not in use. After 6 months, they're more or less useless, good for a few minutes only.

The original amp rating seems to have no bearing on this. It doesn't matter if a battery has a higher rating than the oem battery if it can't hold any charge at all.

Bottom line is that the batteries that came with my cameras have been the best by far.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote