Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 21, 2007, 4:30 PM   #11

thank you for the Awesome vids

1. black squerrils LOL, we got grey one's We try notto feed them, they'll be living in your house and we outside?

If it is my Pc, whic it is not, I do not like the playback

1 always not in focus when moving

2 mising a beat when played back, it always goes to oneside as a heart beat, or stutter?

I am runninga Hp 1070N 2.4 hyper yada yadda yadda, fast enough for anything, its a video system.

I do like theSmoothness in zoom quick, the clearity.

rather pick on each and every detail.

It is a WINNER in my book, thank you for the clips.........
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 5:46 PM   #12

The Quicktime Player still plays with a drop frame on the Core Duo 2. The A-HD clips are "buttery smooth" though but then they are on the P4 too. :-)

The reason the HD700 didn't come up with a "Sanyo Xacti" search is that Amazon isn't shipping until the 28th. The price is a little under $600 so it is really not a contender with the A-HD unless you don't mind carrying around a much more expensive camera (those I already have). It should do well in its class though.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:24 PM   #13

Like We say Eligance vx Economy
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:32 PM   #14

Oh, ok, it's out of stock. The silver onewas shipping already at Amazon but they're out of stock right now, you must have looked at the other colors.

Playback differences are probably because the Aiptekuses a bit-rate of under 4Mbps whereas the HD700 usesa bit-rate of 9Mbps. I'm certain if you have playback issues / stuttering it's either your playback software or PCs because I don't have any issues at all on any of my dual core PCs. Quicktime for Windows is alsoan inefficient media player, give the latest version of the free VLC player a try. I realize a P4 should still be considered powerful, but in today's termsthe single core CPU really is at the bottom of the CPU charts now, I'm not dissing. Also, the video card does play a part, so apowerful one does help.

I agree, I don't think it's the Sanyo and Aiptek are in the same market.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 21, 2007, 6:45 PM   #15

I believe no matter what brand, andm odel you're after, take care of it and it'll take care of you?

109.99 is the way I went one day when needed,I will upgrade, for now too many brands andmodels are going to pop up? never at a low price yet.
Old Oct 22, 2007, 1:41 PM   #16

Caelum wrote:
Quote:
Oh, ok, it's out of stock. The silver onewas shipping already at Amazon but they're out of stock right now, you must have looked at the other colors.

Playback differences are probably because the Aiptekuses a bit-rate of under 4Mbps whereas the HD700 usesa bit-rate of 9Mbps. I'm certain if you have playback issues / stuttering it's either your playback software or PCs because I don't have any issues at all on any of my dual core PCs. Quicktime for Windows is alsoan inefficient media player, give the latest version of the free VLC player a try. I realize a P4 should still be considered powerful, but in today's termsthe single core CPU really is at the bottom of the CPU charts now, I'm not dissing. Also, the video card does play a part, so apowerful one does help.

I agree, I don't think it's the Sanyo and Aiptek are in the same market.
Up until the latest updates from Apple a month or so ago the Quicktime player didn't do so well with AVC but new updates handle it fine. But it must be having a little problem with the 9 mbps bitrate (though all it is doing is occasionally dropping frames to keep up). I do have the latest VLC though. The video card is an NVidia 6200 with 256 mb. But at the moment I'm not upgrading my video machine just to play back some clips. :-)

Old Oct 22, 2007, 1:43 PM   #17

I also meant to ask outside of the on camera editing functions have you been able to edit in an on a PC editor and play those clips on the camera?

Old Oct 23, 2007, 12:51 AM   #18

Able to edit on a PC fine, but no, unfortunately not able to play back with the camera edited video. Can't load external videos into the camera either, sucks. :sad: In camera editing is very good though.

A pleasant surpriseis that both the XBOX 360 and PS3 natively play back the camera's MP4 HD files beautifully, which is great. The camera has HDMI out, but it's cool that I can dump the files on a disc or USB key and friends can play them on their consoles at full HD digital resolution as well.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 1:08 AM   #19

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
1 always not in focus when moving
Actually, that's interesting, I didn't understand at first since the focus appeared fine to me.But now I thinkyoumay bereferring to motion blur when moving. Actually, this is something that I personally find missing with the Aipteks. With the Aipteks, when moving, the images appear too disjointed to me, I don't get a feeling of movement, more of a stobe effect, a rapid slide show (also, I don't likethat swimming video buffer issue with the Aipteks, but that's another story). To me the motion blur helpsillustratemovement in a scene, it's what makes the video fluid.

I'm not saying you're wrong, not at all, I respect that you don't like the motion blur, but I find it interesting that we have very different views on this.

Edit: oh, BTW I can create the same effect (no motion blur)with the HD700 by manually increasing theshutter speedinshutter priority mode (equivalentto a "sport" mode). I think the Aiptek must have limited lens/shutter/aperture control, auto and manual.
Old Oct 23, 2007, 3:32 AM   #20

yes motion blur

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"more we understand the differences , of likes and dislikes ofa camcorder we appriciate the features it has?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"being of a owner of a number of these hybrids of older models, we can compare from 540 to 720P

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Aiptek calls it S-VHS, and near DVD?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"