Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Oct 28, 2007, 9:42 AM   #11

Maybe it was because the clips I examined were very different and I was examining them for motion stress. Even HDV standard cameras are not that crash hot, anything beneath the 35-50mb/s Mpeg2 XDCAM HD camera standard tends to fail too much. They could implement that in an TX2 much easier than 24mb/s H264 inter (even though it is the sort of thing most cameras would eventually use).

I agree, 14 minutes is not enough (for what people do) but where did you find that mentioned (this isn't the old SD card standard limitation problem)?

I noticed the crispness in the TX1 sample frame, this is high shutter speed, and normal strobing is usually from an 180 degree shutters (half the frame rate). Fluid motion is usually from motion blur from slow shutter, or high frame time. I personally think they should move towards 50fps because HDTV's and digital cinema can handle it, it can be easily downscaled down to 24fps, and is better on data rate than 60fps.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 29, 2007, 9:21 AM   #12

Wayne12 wrote:
Quote:
[...]but where did you find that mentioned (this isn't the old SD card standard limitation problem)?[...]
Yes, SDHC uses FAT32 which has a 4GB file size limit.
Caelum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Oct 31, 2007, 12:10 PM   #13

Just a comment about the batteries. I bought a spare battery for my CG6 (which should be the same as the CG65) off of ebay, brand-new, for like $6. It is an aftermarket, but it actually has a higher mAh rating than the original Sanyo battery and seems to last longer. So getting spare batteries isn't an issue.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2007, 10:18 AM   #14

They should have just started writing an new file when they reach 4GB. Seems an waste.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote