Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Nov 3, 2007, 1:10 AM   #1

Does anyone know how much bigger the Sayno HD1 or HD2 is compared to the Aiptek. I really want a camera I can put in my pocket and not really look like there is a big bulge coming from my pocket! I went to wal mart and put the A-HD in my pocket, kinda with the security code, and it fit fine. Is the Sayno much bigger because if it is, I'm just going to stick with the A-HD, but the Sayno just seems so much better and I found prices in the 300's online, thanks for any respones.
brycecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Nov 3, 2007, 8:28 AM   #2

I may sound funny grab a bar of ivory soap from the shelf , go to the sanyo I am sure the Ivory is the same width of the Aiptek GO, the Aiptek A-HD as well

the sanyo's optical or lens barrel may be just a tab thicker

you may get an idea that way at least you can go home and decide that you wiped your hands Clean of the Aipteks (cough)get the sanyo(cough)

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 4:05 PM   #3

Thanks fishy for your input, I'm goning to buy a Sanyo over the aiptek. I just got to fiugre out if I want the H2 or the new H700 or the H1000. Does anyone know if you can get the H1000 in your pocket?
brycecal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 5, 2007, 9:06 PM   #4

brycecal wrote:
Quote:
.....Does anyone know if you can get the H1000 in your pocket?
I have both the HD2 and the HD1000 and I can tell you that NO I amnot able to put the HD1000 in my front or rear pants pocket. The HD2 yes I can. The HD2 is just to big with the larger lens barrel. I hope this helps. God Bless :G
JRDELUNAIII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 4:21 AM   #5

My father has the hd700 and the cg65. The cg65 is slightly smaller than the hd700 but both fit in a loose pocket, I have used a hd2 and I can say it is considerably larger than both the cg65 and hd700. Consider the HD2 if you want 10x zoom and external mic socket otherwise I would choose the hd700 with it's external hard drive connection (library feature) and smaller size and h.264 codec.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 6, 2007, 4:25 AM   #6

you have your Answer:

never tryingto steer you off track but to a better camcorder

Aiptek is great but sanyo my bemore professional it is a choice we have to make.

Why I keptto Aiptek in good faith
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 26, 2007, 12:34 PM   #7

I have had the aiptek go-hd, aiptek a-hd, sanyo cg6, cannonTX1,sanyo hd-700, and currently own sanyo hd1000. I would have to say the sanyo hd1000 could fit in your pocket but would have to be very baggy. The cameras barrel is abit large for this and the camera is alilttle heavy. I am waiting for the holster to become available from sanyo. BTW don't mess with the sanyo hd700 unless you plan on using it only outdoors and don't mind exessive barrel distortion in your pics. The aiptek a-hd so far has been the best value for the money and size as it can fit in your pocket ok. Out of all the cameras I have owned I have only kept the aiptek a-hd and the sanyo hd1000! I love the sanyo hd1000 just turn it on and use it to get fantastic video and pics!!!
MikeCountry is offline   Reply With Quote