Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:23 AM   #21

Well I'm thinking about just switching out just the mic element for a better one. Does anyone have any good comparisons with just a better mic; no pre amp?
Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 12:26 PM   #22

I am not going to attempt such a simple operation here, andhave had most dificulties locating a mic.

the mic is covered wit ha rubber noisedeflector and probably going to shiled it even more if this is the case. I tried covering around with tissue paper but somehow the mic is super sensitive. I even looked at the MPVr that is a better sounding unit, same mic. so I am not dissappointed

the member says a widerdiameter was used, but no test vids are out I even made the preamp and very easy if the correct info provided very simple to not use a circuit board, you can heat shrink and wrap everything to fit inside but the battery. I may just demo this . i fyou can attempt a solder and desolder I like to hear and see some pics for others to do? thanks

I think I will go another route
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 3:54 PM   #23

As the first part of my mods I went ahead and swapped the mic for the radioshack version. As stated before the OP has the (+) and (-) mixed up.

I don't know that it's worth the effort to swap out the mic as the only thing it seems to change is the frequency response...sound is at the same loudness as before.

I'm still planning on adding a switched mono jack so that I can connect an external mic and/or amp for higher quality sound recording. That still seems the best solution rather than hardwiring something to the main board that hangs off the exterior housing of the camera. Plus by using a switched jack you can retain the internal mic and it will automatically be disconnected when you plug in an aux mic.
Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 4:01 PM   #24

so true. I am no longer going to attempt. on the Aiptek MPVr it is laid out Mic1 and tells you (+) (-) on the board, guess this boardd oes no thave that or was on the opposite side? As for the oepning i would no t remove ther ibbon cable it can be flipped comtfortably to the side, the speaker board i and looks to be soldered at two points but is a plug and play like the nav button board
Old Jan 4, 2008, 2:02 AM   #25

What if one connects a microphone like this one instead of the built-in one?

http://www.supercircuits.com/index.a...mp;ProdID=4123

It is a line-out level powered microphone. I wonder what will be the end result if connected instead of the internal Aiptek mic.
shtirlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 3:33 AM   #26

Must have power, must devide video and audio. annot just power into the Av input. there is absolutely no defectr on av input with sound there is only aweful sound on the Mic and video not av input
Old Jan 4, 2008, 7:53 PM   #27

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Must have power, must devide video and audio. annot just power into the Av input. there is absolutely no defectr on av input with sound there is only aweful sound on the Mic and video not av input

I know it will work in the a/v input and I know it has to be powered - that's not the issue - it will be mounted inside a car (and there is plenty of 12V). My question was different.

I am wondering what will happen if I remove the internal A-HD mic and connect this powered mic to the board ... (what will happen if line level audio source is wired the board instead of the built-in one)
shtirlitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 4, 2008, 8:34 PM   #28

I hear ya , only the two members posted, one at near holidays came foward with the parts list, knows, he did his, and have to take his word it works.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I Preferred to call it quits, if these two members can be contacted you may ask them and see if they know?
Old Jan 4, 2008, 8:34 PM   #29

I hear ya , only the two members posted, one at near holidays came foward with the parts list, knows, he did his, and have to take his word it works.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I Preferred to call it quits, if these two members can be contacted you may ask them and see if they know?
Old Feb 20, 2008, 8:28 PM   #30

It looks like someone has put examples of an the sound from an external mic port attached to the Aiptek A-HD

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewrmIW-EP_4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zpPMHx-sjCw
88impact_blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote