Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 6, 2007, 7:53 PM   #11

flamario wrote:
Quote:
Yes have AV IN /OUT.
No micriphone noise problem (stereo)
I upLoaded this koreean link.
Battery time 120min.
I bought it in seoul in november.
EXCELLENTE QUALITY.
These equipement originaly from qrio company(KOREAN),NOT AIPTEK
INTRODUCED AT 2006 ELECTRONIC SHOW IN SEOUL.
SO???
So not the aiptek is qrio
Developed this camera in korea qrio company.

2006 Qrio, Korea-based Company launched its compact HD camcorder called 'HD-720p' in Korea market, HD-702 supports H.264 video format, 320GB SDHC card that record for up to 16 hours, 8M digital camera and AV in/out port.

As Korean electronics makers grow in confidence and begin to challenge Japan's domination of the East-Asian market,
Qrio Communication Co. Ltd is a supplier of Digital video cameras and other products from Seoul, South Korea.
STEREO record?! I wonder what the bit rate is, hopefully not the crappy 33kbs thats on the Go-Hd right now. I am curious if the A/V input will accept a MIC or if it is just for recording off the the TV and whatnot. Care to enlighten us?

Also, what battery is being used to get 120min record times? Obviously not the 1000 mAh battery that i have now...
Type2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 2:25 AM   #12

qrio hd-720
Attached Images

flamario is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 7:37 AM   #13

are wesure it has stereo input b/c I am sure the camera has a single mic and then duplicate a single sound to left and right with electronics to producea stereo mon/mon sound.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 7, 2007, 7:19 PM   #14

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
are wesure it has stereo input b/c I am sure the camera has a single mic and then duplicate a single sound to left and right with electronics to producea stereo mon/mon sound.
From the looks of it, it seems like the audio is 128kb/s - which even if it is mono, is still a HUGE step up from the crappy 33kb/s sound the Go-HD gets now. The video bitrate is still around 3900kb/s which isnt an improvement, but I'll take better sound any day.

Flamario, thanks for the info! BTW, CAN you hook up an external microphone, or is it just for recording TV, etc...???

Thanks!
Type2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:22 AM   #15

I went shopping for one of these in Seoul today as the Aiptek seems to not be available in Korea. However, absolutely no one had the Qrio displayed either. The closest thing I could find was the Sanyo HD1. I asked about the Qrio and was told (by 2 different shop owners) that it was indeed made BY a Korean company, but it was made in China and was of very low quality. Then I asked about the Aiptek and was told that it was indeed the same model. In my experience, it is rare for a Korean shop owner to recommend against a product of a Korean company, so I'd steer clear of the Qrio HD-720.
Since they wanted around $375 for the HD1, I decided to just go all out and bought a Canon HV20 instead. I'm going to North Korea next weekend so I think it'll be worth it. Then again, having the pocket sized Aiptek would have been nice, as I probably could have snuck some pretty intense footage.
MediciSLotMachine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 4:23 AM   #16

welcome head over to the Hv20.com forum you be much happier with the canon

butyes you are orwant a economy one the A-Hd or other aiptek is a decision foron the go filmingnot professional
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote