Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 12, 2007, 5:15 PM   #11

Coud someone, help me and send, firmware with enabled av/in recording. I write to eu aiptek, us aiptek and they didn't respond and don't want to send me even the 2.0 firmware. sic?? I don't know why but i can't contact with aiptek support :/

So, can you send me firmware with av/recording , or newest,my cam Aiptek AHD 200 V5V

Any one??? Please.

sorry for my english and grammar and vocabulary mistakes , i'am polish : D
diamondjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 7:03 PM   #12

Firmware is to be had from Aiptek support you are bypassing a future fix camcorder....

there is only one person per region allow thenm to read your email, if not hammer with emails you'll get a response, cellpohne call after peak hours .

and best of all where does it say that firmware fixes av input it does not no adding av input or mic bypass

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 9:12 PM   #13

Going by past experience with Aiptek support, your chance of them fixing the problem is remote but I would love to be proved wrong!
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 12, 2007, 11:05 PM   #14

Having worked in commercial TV for several years, I think I know what's happening.

Lack of timebase corrrection and frame synchronization.

Most analog-to-digital conversion chips are going to have a problem with analog signals that lack timebase correction and frame synchronization.

The one exception -- you may find interesting -- is consumer MiniDV camcorders with analog-to-digital conversion capability that allows you to record to MiniDV digital cassette tape.

In that one exception, the MiniDV digital cassette format compensates for the lack of timebase correction and frame synchronization from analog VHS sources.

But devices that record analog signals directly to MPEG file formats generally lack the frame synchronization and timebase correction required for proper conversion of analog VHS sources.

Some DVD set top recorders *do* feature timebase correction/frame synchronization, but they're generally more expensive.

Something as inexpensive as the Aiptek camcorder would not be expected to have such a feature.

That's my bet as to why this isn't working for you.

On the other hand, I suppose it could be a defect in the analog-to-digital converter.

But I've seen this in other low-cost analog-to-digital conversion products.

So it's a pretty common frustration for consumer videographers.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 5:32 PM   #15

is there a way to determine what firmware version we have in the A-HD?

If so, maybe we could set up a thread with the different versions, and what problems / fixes there are with each.

Thanks.
kmp14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 13, 2007, 6:08 PM   #16

mode then lcd screens back button with mode together

1.002 impossable to tell missing features upgrade only Aiptek can tell you what was added .

so they said USB port for MAc language and mic gain

never telling you you got added zom white balance ands harpiness

posted info in the second post I did this fr the GO not the A-Hd
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:46 PM   #17

From Aiptek tech support:

How to check the F/W version?

Turn on the DV.
Press the MODE button to enter the Mode Main Menu window
Press the backward (on the panel side) and Mode button two buttons together to check the F/W version.

Instruction of V5V F/W Upgrade with SD card[/b]
( FW 1XXX TO FW 2xxxx)[/b]
[/b]
1. Unzip the "v5v_Vxxxx.rar".[/b]
2. Copy the 2 unzipped files: "tcdam_v5v.bin" and "fw.bin" to SD card.

(edit): Put it in the root, not a folder.
3. Plug the AC adapter into the power outlet and USB end into camera.
4. Turn on the camera with AC adapter plug and then insert the SD card with the above two new FW files copied.
5. For friendly installation, please turn over the LCD panel to the front side as photo shows below.
6. Then press the MODE button to enter the Mode Main Menu window as below screen.
7. Press backward button (on the panel side) and Video record button together for one second to start the F/W upgrade procedure.
8. The LCD Display will show" Please wait", and the blue LED will glimmer for a few seconds. (around 10 sec.)
9. When the process is finishing the first stage work, the LCD Display will show "FW Update OK", then please restart the DV again.
10. The system will upgrade the FW continuously, when the process is completed, the display will show "FW update OK" again.
11. You need to restart again and wait one second till you see the preview mode, that does mean FW upgrade successfully.

PS: The card can't be removed till the step 11 is completed.

[/b]

ymwinusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 1:29 PM   #18

Anyone care to share their 2.02 firmware bin files? Maybe a link for people who would like to experiment? Maybe even with the code itself?

I think this camera has possibilities similar to the Fisher Price Pixel camera.. (low price point, simple design worth improving on)

Check out the thread on External Mic mod where I've added a preamp circuit to the Mic.
windowlikker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 1:37 PM   #19

As Aiptek must be contacted, when one does not what happ's you allow them to continue to makedefective models. we do notwantt hat. amake Aiptek work for their money ask, they shall give. if you do not recieve, then decide your next step.......
Old Dec 14, 2007, 4:00 PM   #20

The more heat you guys on this forum put on 'em the better. I haven't heard from them for days. I agree with Fishycomics. Make em work to satisfy their customers. If they do we'll go back to them for more product. Part off a healthy corporate strategy don't you think.

ymwinusa is offline   Reply With Quote