Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 13, 2007, 9:55 PM   #1

watch my review and click me please thank you

watch corrected info little different details click me thank you

http://www.vimeo.com/433839some actaul footage in stardard def. for online

http://www.vimeo.com/434288standard def day shots

Welcome to the Sanyo Xacti Hd 700, camcorder retails 599.99, sold as low as $299.99, and averaged at 500.00-575.00 Color varies with prices, Three colors are to be found Silver, Red, and Brown.

This is my Review, and I hope you'll take the time to check it out and enjoy thank you.

Thank you for viewing since there is a Sanyo by cal in the threads I thought I just post some pix of the model and add as needed some of my own videos when the weather permits.

My Thoughts on the HD 700

WOW factor 5 out of 5 Blown anway. pc's that are slower, no hd tv or editing tools will not enjoy and be very jealous. Having a decent system and opting from avi-to-asf-to-.mov-to-Mp4 will be a challenge at times.

Those who cannot afford this model do not worry I would still go with a A-Hd, NOT! that is how good it is, but let me tell you price difference yes the A-Hdis worth the 99.99 that is on sale when writen 12-16-08/

You'll get the same feeling a good hi-def at a Economy level, but the sound is NO WHERE NEAR, the Hd 700.

The Hd 700 uses 4 watts of power to run while the A-Hd may be between 2-3 watts.

Widescreen .3 cannot be any bigger than .4 oh yes it is andit makes it feel 16:9.

So many extra features, and what through me for a loop was the female voice. Please place a sd card in LMAO.

Enough said. as long as I own this Sanyo I shall try to get some footage but it will only be for test purposes as I feel I have not enough power to keep with a slower system. I preferre to work with an easier file format and for that i must suffer and pay the conciquences.

For those who are looking for a serious unit that fits in the palm ofyour hand and a shirt pocket or purse this is it

thank you for viewing this review Fishy

Shot at 2007-12-13

Shot at 2007-12-13

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 13, 2007, 10:25 PM   #2

Well, you could buy the Cineform "NeoHDV" codec for $250.

Then you could edit the Sanyo files even with a slow computer.

I have an older Windows XP Gateway laptop computer running a 2.4GHz AMD Athlon 64 chip... not too fast... yet I can edit AVCHD by first converting to the intermediate "NeoHDV" codec.

Downsides:

1. The converted clips consume a lot of hard disk space;
2. It takes time for the processor to transcode the H.264 to Cineform .avi file format.
3. You have to know how to get a decent H.264 or AVCHD decoder onto your computer so that the included Cineform "HDLink" software will do the conversion of your H.264 clips to Cineform .avi. (I just bought CyberLink's H.264 plug-in for Windows Media Player.)

Advantages:

1. The Cineform .avi files are easy to edit even with slow PCs;
2. The Cineform .avi files are designed to preserve the quality of the original clips so you can add transitions, titles, effects and not degrade the quality when you export to whatever format you wish for distribution.

Yes, the $250 price tag is high for this codec, but it makes editing these newer formats much easier and is cheaper than buying a new computer.

I've tested the Cineform codec with Corel's 'Ulead MediaStudio Pro 8" and with Corel's "Ulead VideoStudio 11 Plus" and everything works.

I've also tested the Cineform codec with Pinnacle Studio Ultimate 11 and -- sadly -- the Pinnacle software refuses to properly recognize the Cineform codec.

Haven't done testing with the Magix/Sony packages, but I suspect they would support the Cineform codec.

If you have a Mac, you're in luck because Apple includes the Apple Intermediate Codec on every new Macintosh computer so you're good to go.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:23 AM   #3

As I have Sony Vegas 8 i am happy, but I am not ready for extra junk with the headachs of Windows andinternet slowdowns thanx private idaho
Old Dec 14, 2007, 12:51 PM   #4

The Cineform codec comes with Sony Vegas Movie Studio 8 Platinum so I am familiar with it. However that version will only work with Vegas. Load the file into anything else and a dialog pops up saying the codec isn't licensed for that program.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 14, 2007, 1:34 PM   #5

As for Vegas that I have I am perfect i am editing without any issues thanks
Old Dec 14, 2007, 9:15 PM   #6

Is the Cineform included with the Platinum 8 version of Vegas Movie Studio?

That's good to know.

It's tough to know for sure if you rely solely on the product's description.

Thanks for confirming that.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote