Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 18, 2007, 2:57 AM   #21

Well i have not bought the 7300 yet....im not quite sure if im going to
the http://cgi.ebay.com/9-in-1-DDV-1100-...QQcmdZViewItem
sells for alot cheaper!
and it plays games and such haha and its smaller also
this is just so troublesome....
Its hard to tell if its really worth the 60 more $$$
and nobody has a review for either of them right?
180$ for the 1100
or 240$ for the 7300....
or wait 6 days and bid on the 730 which started today at 160 with 15$ shipping....
i asked c3digital if he had the 730 or 7300 and he was like "i look forward to your biddding i will post it up today"

and this website says
http://www.jmdigital.cn/product_info...5a0eae3a3b3fa6
can record in (D1)
i dont know if to trust that or not...nowhere else has it said that
Decisions...decisions...

Yulaw2k2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 3:00 AM   #22

mustek has a latest check them out I had excellent outcomes with them.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:11 PM   #23

Yulaw2k2 wrote:
Quote:
The Digilife website says this about the 7300 on the main page
  • Digital Video Camcorder[/*]
  • Digital Camera[/*]
  • USB 2.0 Webcam[/*]
  • Digital Voice Recorder[/*]
  • Music Player/ Mass Storage Device[/*]
  • eBook(Support TXT file)[/*]
  • PMP/ Motion Detection[/*]
So hopefully it plays music, it'll be nice to have a good webcam to stickam on haha and not using Eyetoy for playstation as a webcam....
Hopefully it fits well in my pocket

I believe the DDV-970 is the same as the DDV-7300. I downloaded the 970's manual from www.ispan.com. It makes no mention of mp3, but does confirm it has PMP functions. I'm not sure about motion detection. My 5120A has motion detection, and although it seems like a neat feature, like the remote control, I never use it.

Since I was very interested in the 970 when it was announced, and was concerned about the lack of mp3, I checked its specs on a lot of websites. It seemed like there was some inconsistency in the specs on some sites. I was left having to make a guess as to the 970/7300's true set of specs, and my guess was that it did not have mp3.

That may not be an issue for many people, but I rather like these cameras having mp3. So it was a disappointment. But then along came the 730, and although I won't know for sure until I get it, every site where it was spec'd, said it has mp3.

After reading the 970/7300's manual, I must say it has a lot of handy and very welcome minor features. Reminds me of my Samsung I6, which was a revelation that made the hybrids current at the time seem crude.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 18, 2007, 11:16 PM   #24

The main difference between the 1100 and the 970/7300/730 is that the 1100 does not have an optical zoom. I'm at the point where I won't consider a camera unless it has at least a 3x optical zoom. But that's because cameras with optical zoom have reached my price point. I was quite happy with the cameras when they cost this much but had only digital zooms.
Old Dec 19, 2007, 4:07 AM   #25

I just bought the 7300....
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...TODAY.m238.lVI
hopefully....it was worth the money haha...
or i gotta sell it
i'll get to do my first camera review on a camera no one else has done
i feel a lil important
Old Dec 19, 2007, 4:11 AM   #26

I really wish it was black like the 730
Isent the 7300 supposed to be better than the 730?
thats why its listed at the top right? haha
or do they all have there own special features that make them all unique
and should be priced all the same?
Old Dec 19, 2007, 9:32 PM   #27

I think the next evolutionary step for Aiptek would be to finally add stereo sound. An A-Hd with good stereo sound would be a killer.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 19, 2007, 11:55 PM   #28

Yulaw2k2 wrote:
Quote:
I really wish it was black like the 730
Isent the 7300 supposed to be better than the 730?
thats why its listed at the top right? haha
or do they all have there own special features that make them all unique
and should be priced all the same?
Congratulations. I never saw a 7300 offered by 3cdigital. Was this a special arrangement in the middle of the night?

Interesting you like the black case of the 730 more than the 7300's grey case. I don't like the shiny black plastic cases because they always look dirty.

I really like the 7300's external button to turn image stabilization on and off, rather than going to a menu system.

Yes, the 7300 was given a more expensive "look" than the 730, and it may justify a higher price in that it has a lot of minor features that make it nicer than a hybrid without all those things. This isn't clear in the standard feature list, but if you read the manual, it's apparent the 7300 is engineered to be a cut above common hybrids. For instance, it has a better ISO rating, suggesting superior low light performance with less graining. It may have a better lens, or higher throughput. Since I haven't seen a manual for the 730, I don't know how it compares overall. Maybe the 7300's lack of mp3 is a way to make it seem more upscale.

The 730 has a better spec list, but it may be a cheap implementation of those features and lack a lot of the things that will make the 7300 a nicer camera.

As you can see from the entries in the Hybrid List, there are large number of features that these cameras may or may not have. And even that list is severely abbreviated. For instance, I don't list the equivalent ISO ratings for the cameras. Or the focal number of the lenses. Or the weight. And I can't tell if a camera has audio sync problems, as some of the Aipteks do, until after they are on the market. Pincushion, chromatic abberation, mp3 background hiss etc. etc. Who knows? So it's impossible to make a fully informed choice between these cameras. Which is unlike the information you can get for mainstream cameras, such as on the parent Steves site. Buying hybrids is always kind of a crapshot, but that's part of why they are relatively cheap.
Old Dec 24, 2007, 3:42 PM   #29

So i just received the Digilife-7300
I tried to play back a episode of a show....it crashed...
it has no headphone slots
so no mp3....
and i cannot figure out how to get the darn thing to work as a webcam like it says
errrr
Old Dec 24, 2007, 3:56 PM   #30

not my camcorder forthat I am sory,butletssee if i cn at least help out a little trouble shooting

1 sd cards will crash for a few reasons certain company wrong sd card. not formatted. try formatting in the camera, but if you want those files save on the pc , transfer back.

somecards like sandisk as an examplewill not work it may just hate one particular company, is it a sdhc high speed etc? try another sd card if have.

2 webcam. look in its settings you shouldsee something like a usb settingand in that it wouldsay camera/disk/printer/mass storage/ that is what was said on Aipteks

each are different hmm the A-Hd does nothave it but I am sure it can be workedout by a captioncard?

Is this new or used?

hope that helps just a lil

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote