Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 28, 2007, 5:51 PM   #31

I have old m.cassete recorder i took mic form there and plug in to my aiptek,( i plug in to cables of old mic ) what else to say , without mic there is still noise, i can't use av/in , maybe when i change firmware to usa version i coud be possible. or i look for some wires on av in but it is possible without firmware help. i will check .F. it . i still have noise reduction in imovie
Attached Images

diamondjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:09 PM   #32

DiamondJeff.

the mic exchange, understood now.

av input will not be in firmware , hope I am wrong.

Mic to Av input will not work, unless it is a preamp with power, and you must have the mic like an inch from the mouth

http://youtube.com/watch?v=CvozfnbOIEIthe preamp mic full how to. and actaul videos

http://youtube.com/watch?v=G39WjAUILt4the preamp test

hope these two vids help out
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:35 PM   #33

heh, i think that i shoud wait for new FW and thats all. I have EU version of AHD without av/in to turn on, when i plug jack i can only pres headphones, and av out . thats all .
Maybe i shoud find on board sound in. Lot of work and i want to use my cam

thanks a lot ,and for videos
diamondjef is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 28, 2007, 6:43 PM   #34

If its electronics then it may no twork av input will need external vid source
Old Dec 30, 2007, 12:37 AM   #35

To Seenile...Thanks for confirming my observations. Hopefully this input will somehow make its way to the techs at Aiptek and serve as a kind of constructive criticism. I've already returned my A-HD to Target, the cashier took it back as a defective product with no hassles. I'm glad that you were able to come to terms with the picture quality change, but it is indeed unfortunate that a choice between picture and sound quality has to be made. As you mentioned, I also hope that they are going to tweak the firmware soon to alleviate these problems. The A-HD is a good idea, but its execution is still a work in progress.

To everybody...keep the comments coming in. Many existing or potential users will surely find your observations and comments worthwhile and useful. I'd be especially interested in comments from somebody who might be using a version of the A-HD with an even newer firmware than v.2.002, when and if that ever comes to be. If you are that somebody, please share your experience with the rest of us guinea pigs.
LACAMGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 10, 2008, 5:01 PM   #36

As you know someone heard our complaints and other members are slowely saying the 2.002 is out there on the market.

would the A-Hd be seeing theend of its line soon?

Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:26 AM   #37

I can appreciate it may be the case that it is worse than before, but have you tried to see if it doing lower light than before. If the auto-gain was turned up more, than this extra noise, and lines, are what I would expect.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 10:42 AM   #38

As i am not with 2.002. I am running 1.600 and perfectin all areas.

a Newer cam will be out and this issue will be dismissed.

Old Jan 13, 2008, 4:33 PM   #39

TO WAYNE12:

Actually, I felt that the detail enhancement (sharpness) was slightly increased to the point that whatever inherent noise it had was made more apparent. You can see this effect if you open up a digital still in photoshop, or some other imaging program, and sharpen the picture.

I'm not sure how they tweaked the image. Maybe the gain was changed too, but I didn't notice any increase in lowlight sensitivity. The white balance did seem to lean a bit more to the red with the new firmware - that in itself would make the red chroma noise seem worse.

I returned the camera several weeks ago, so I can't make any new observations. Hopefully the newer cameras coming out will have fixed these issues.

LACAMGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 13, 2008, 7:49 PM   #40

Would not be increased gain, unless they increased gain and reduced shutter or aperture. This might be some sort of dumbing down to consumer level video (particularly the reddening of the image sounds funny) from more standardised settings, but it could also be just some attempt to raise apparent resolution in reaction to some comment in an review. The things is, that this camera codec already suffers enough in the sort of movement a consumer would already do, why take the rest away from them, like an big double slap in the face. Instead we really should move to what they offered before, with an movement compensating data rate increase, then it would just lack detail and other professional video format features. Forget resolution, their needs to be an setting with zero resolution enhancement to have quality. We hope this is just temporary.

Why does the camera industry insist on doing these things?
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote