Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 20, 2007, 10:48 AM   #1

This by no means is an endorsement of any one vendor, but just an alternative if you're considering buying accessories direct from Aiptek.

The NP60 Battery on Aiptek is $19.99

We can get them from resellers on amazon for as low as $14.93 for a 2-pack!
($7.95_$6.98 S&H)
http://www.amazon.com/Global-Digital...179&sr=8-2

Likewise, a portable wall charger with car adapter for $6.37[/b]+$4.98shipping.
More convienient and cheaper than the Aiptek $19.99 cradle.

http://www.amazon.com/Digital-Camcor...516&sr=1-5

Buying 3rd part batteries can be a hit or miss many times, but the ones above have worked well for me. Of course, you only need to look at the OEM Aiptek battery to know that they're buying cheap/bulk themselves.

webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:38 PM   #2

Yeah you can buy any np60 battery for the Aiptek. It's a common size so you should be able to pick it up at a camera shop or maybe CC/BB.

The stock battery is 1000mAh so if you get a battery with a higer mAh rating it'll last longer. You can buy brand names such as Fujufilm, Kodak, or Duracell batteries but of course you'll pay for the name. If you go with an off brand as stated before the quality can be hit or miss.
Warlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 22, 2007, 8:56 PM   #3

While I was at first a fan of the cheap batteries like the NP60's on eBay, I've found that although they seem to work fine at first, they soon lose ability to hold a full charge, and then become basically useless within a few months. The batteries that come with the cameras maintain the ability to hold a full charge far longer.

So from now on I will only buy what I know to be genuine brand-name batteries for these cameras.

Just my experience, they may have worked fine for others, and some suppliers may well be offering top quality versions. It's just that there's no way to tell who is selling junk.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:56 AM   #4

SgSpirit,

Your're expereicnes are similar to mine.

So far:

Canon 300D genreic batteries: all working well (long term) but no noticably advantage for the extra mAH.

Panasonic GS-120 generic batteries: all working well (long term) but no noticably advantage for the extra mAH.

Aiptek: all working well (short term) but no noticably advantage for the extra mAH.

Pentax WP generic batteries: At least 4 different brands. All garbage.

It's definataly a hit or miss...
webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote