Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 21, 2007, 12:54 PM   #1

Aiptek A-HD 720P HD (120x720) Advaced H2.64 Video compression. Hd Camcorder/ Portable media Player & Recorder.

8mp max digital camera. High Definition camcorder, Adv. H1264 compression, PmP & recorder. Plays on HDTV, standard TV, Pc and Mac, convenient power charging via Usb. playback Tv broadcasts & digital recordings

Upload & share on Youtube & Imovie...

Welcome. To the new and improved verson of the AiptekA-HD, (firmware 1.600). Please take the time to view all the information, videos, stills, and Modifications provided in the topic.

The A-HD (Aiptek A-HD) orginal and on going link visit here Startedout August 20th at 169.99 with firmware 1.200, has been updated to 1.200-1.500, and now 1.600 while a release of 2.002 is online here and may be requested at the support of Aiptek with unknown issues your update will include Mic lower gain,(LOW, with clicking noise )4x zoom, mac usb and languge fix, uness noted . Ac adapter has been changed and no added features were made. Mic (audio) sound is of a fair, loud and sensitive. recommend review, decide and use correct actions.

Video review of firmware upgrade link How to add firmware and how to check, here is how you check. on back hit Mode, and now press mode and back button(on screen)together, showing firmware.

Modifications to your Aiptek Mic modd, wide Angle Modd, Waterproofing Modd

Pheonix wide angle lens.large 0.45x
video link

1. A wide angle lens , you'll be able to mod one very easy here is a how to video
click here

2. Modifications to the Mic from a simple pop off the cover -to- a wired board you have somee asy skilled modds here.

Adding a filter is as easy as placing tissue paper on the inside.

Opening the Aiptek A-Hd is a 5 screw and mic cover removal a real snap, click meno need to remove ribbon cable this Video Shows you Howeasy it is, DO NOT REMOVE the ribbon cable , not neccessary.

Fom a simple bypass- to- a complexed preamp you'll have probably the best Economy hybrid today wit ha better sound system.

You may opt to snip, the mic , to replace with a wider range for just pennies.

no soldering is needed on the Motherboard if snipped(lower red text)

Option A mic replacement only Option B. Preamp Modification.

Local electronics shop, or online,

Microphone : condensor Mic. 2.2 microfarad capacitor (XX vdc). 10k ohm, 1% metal film resistor (XX watts).

you may opt to add a external mic, and switch to this option, and you may opt to add a board

This diagram does not have the fulldetailed parts needed

preamp mod

1. 270-090 - PC Board Condenser Microphone element $3
2. 272-997
- 2.2mf Electrolytic Capacitor, 50v (anything 9v or higher is fine) $2
3. 271-309
- Assorted Metal Film Resistors, pkg of 50 (you just need one 10kohm)$3
0. 276-148
- General Purpose Dual PC Board $3
6. 275-409
- SPDT Submini Slide Switch, or equivalent $3
n/a. 274-246
- 1/8" Stereo Phone jack (bridge the tip and ring together) $3
plus a
9volt battery and a 9volt battery connector w/pigtail. $5-6

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 21, 2007, 4:02 PM   #2

empty
Old Apr 14, 2008, 10:35 PM   #3

I can not find the pheonix wide angle large lens for my aiptek A-hd 720p camera I look under mag dig 27mm pheonix wide angle lens but could not find the correct lens. any help.message me in the PMthanks
falcon finder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 15, 2008, 4:51 AM   #4

if you typed it in woill be the1st one

falcon finder wrote:
Quote:
I can not find the pheonix wide angle large lens for my aiptek A-hd 720p camera I look under mag dig 27mm pheonix wide angle lens but could not find the correct lens. any help.message me in the PMthanks