Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 23, 2007, 6:31 AM   #1

Hello all,

From what I have read on this forum and the sample videos I have downloaded, I wasconvinced to go out and purchased an A-HD a month ago. To my surprise, the quality video I received from the camera was no where close to the videos I had downloaded from here. So I returned it and got the Go-HD instead. Sadly, same deal, videos are fuzzy, blury and grainy even in adequate light. I returned that as well.

Recently I went back to a different store, circuit city, and purchase the A-HD again in an attempt to get a good model. To my avail, SAME thing, crappy videos that can't even compare with non-hd vids. In fact this one is so bad that any where there is black it changes it to a dark blue. Further more that blue color is all over everything.

I have read that people have been experincing issues after they have updated from a previous firmware. Perhaps mines come with it. I'm at my last rope here because I'm really impressed with the videos that many of you have posted but I simply can't get anything close to that quality. If the firmware is indeed the problem, what can I do about it? Assuming buying another one will have the same firmware as well!

thanks
helriser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 23, 2007, 7:21 AM   #2

helrise

what do you mean by black and blue all over?

1 go http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XHH8AAGM

2 A-HD http://www.megaupload.com/?d=CXR9DJT0720x480 SD

The A-Hd , and the GO-Hdare the sameexact video camcorders. Go will be less power, and more optical zoom,louder sound, not better sound , or better video.

What I do not understand is the quality of the online, and the personal user? you have the exact file and at high definition of 720P codecs of 1280x720.

The latest Firmware on the shelfs are 1.600 for the A-HD, not 2.002 (defective firmware)(if asked me) Go 1.500.

have you looked into a Sanyo series a better quality unit, buthave you taken advantage ofthat 99.99 price? I have a few andsuper happy with the Quality of the video, and the audio is anotherthing?

possably other info may be not given that is making the decision harder

all questions and concern.

I do my best not to sell but help, my fun passed to others
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:30 PM   #3

thanks for the reply. However I returned my A-HD today and will buy a sanyoHD700. I hope nothing will be wrong with my unit. I really wanted to like the Aiptek, hower it just never worked out and their customer service never even reply to 2 of my emails.

Thanks
helriser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 23, 2007, 9:51 PM   #4

You may not be happy with the low light quality on the HD700 either. I only use mine during the day so it doesn't bother me. I found even a Sony miniDVD camcorder did poorly indoors as well. The problem seems to be they are now using small densely packed sensors which seems to increase the noise levels.

Have you had a look at the flip ultra camcorders? They seem to have very good low light video. The specs list the sensor as a VGA 1/4" device which is probably why. Of course they don't have expandable memory so wouldn't be as good for a long vacation or decent still image capability either. Still for local general use, an hour would probably be enough for most purposes.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 24, 2007, 6:54 AM   #5

Side by side test was done for the A-Hd, and HD 700.

which was a better camera? owningboth you can see the difference here.

http://vimeo.com/432587aiptek

http://vimeo.com/432837sanyo

http://vimeo.com/433839low light

looking in thescreen the aiptek was less vieable over the sanyo. and if asked it is an Octive or two higher.

our eyessee a tue picture while the camerasview tells different?

when I was looking and filming i was able to see myself and understand the amount of light andc amera was fine. no light no video low light less video light on object video.

filmed a show in no light came outfine last page of youtube
Old Dec 26, 2007, 8:41 AM   #6

Fishy.. I watched your videos, but I'm terribly confused. In your videos you say it is a comparison of the Aiptek and the Sanyo. But I can never tell which camera you are showing.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 26, 2007, 9:24 AM   #7

I do appologise

1 aiptek

2 sanyo

3 sanyo

again will delete in the near future and correct.