Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 27, 2007, 7:57 AM   #11

Fishy, is it possible to get that program without having to order and wait for the $2.99 CD from Aiptek (I'm impatient :-P), or are there other programs that export correctly and I can just download?

I set up my program to export with these settings: http://img178.imageshack.us/img178/715/66487280en6.jpg

They seem to match up what you did in the video. The thing is, it took hours for a ten minute video (I had to leave it overnight) and it threw an error when it got to the end and didn't work.
freelancer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 8:44 AM   #12

You may view Arcsofts page if available for direct download? or Order from Aiptek andwill take a few days to recieve if in the region. You may go other routes like Bittorrents, but a key is needed. ifyou can find other software to catcth the correct codecs you need to rename these files to A-Hd's liking

3.00 is worth the wait
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:09 AM   #13

Ok, I'm going to order the CD from the site. There's a special free camera bag included as a special offer and I was going to buy a bag for it anyways, so it works out nicely.

Thanks very much.
freelancer01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 9:21 AM   #14

One member said that the bag did not fit the A-HD. if it was just an mistake. yes I can understand , but if they 're clearing out inventory, then it is a grab bag, if it is to fit the camera, and it is Missleading I complain.

jWin wrote:
Quote:
Received the remote control from Aiptek.com today, came with a free Aiptek camera bag, however the A-HD doesnt fit inside it

Old Dec 27, 2007, 12:03 PM   #15

Fishy, what you're not answering here is does the $2.99 program create edited files that also can be loaded back onto the A-HD and played?

As for the bag I use the bag that came with the GO HD for the A-HD and got an inexpensive Denali bag for my GO HD. The A-HD has about a 1/4" longer barrel than usual and that's why it won't fit in a lot of bags you can find in a store.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 3:00 PM   #16

Total media demo click here

Total Media is a excellent program very simple and easy to use, so simple it becomes complicated at times.

It has 6 transitions none , fade wipe, close open diagnal accross. none.

It has a cut that you cut in and cut out you do not see any ofthesework till you hit the merge or apply effects, It takes loadingtime for each clip. So it can take a long time to proccess.. That isnot an issue due to not having the program at all.

You may add text in to the video and only text in colors and font not choosing a location or design. You do not have the option to add music, as you may export to a program and edit in You can edit in any program and then as a final result use Total. to produce its codecs for the Aipteks.

For 2.99 it is a decent program if asked me. It is easy t o use and gets thejob done for those who do not own such High end programs. thosewho want the basics, can get the job Done

finalizing will take time a 3 minute video will render in around 15 min..

While the proccessor is working or program, your pc will slow down. So have the memory, and info saved or else, if you crash, you may lose data that is valuable to you

I am now going to Use Magix to add in Sound, as it will take a few min to do so the whole 3 min video will be a success, so rather give a 3 min vid here is a 30 sec clip.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=EPJ0UQ3W

Hope I made myself a little clearer

Old Jan 24, 2009, 10:41 AM   #17

I tried several versions of Total Media software with no result. Have anyone another solution to convert files to camera?
It will be great to turn cam into movie player for travels.
PaulBunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:01 AM   #18

I am sure I did it, and forgot again. you will not be able to on the GVS I shall see if I can figue out again.

As the Box states it is a portable media player

Old Jan 24, 2009, 11:34 AM   #19

Interface of newest Total Media Extreme versions is very differs from shown in your tutorial. Conversion tasks now placed in separate application and I crack my mind how to use it - I can't OPEN any file for conversion.
Also I tried tons of other tools - with no success. In all cases I see "Invalid MOV" message on device.
PaulBunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2009, 12:01 PM   #20

you must rename the file to FILE of what the cam is? what version do you have? of the total? I usea few impression and extreme there is no updated one