Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 27, 2007, 11:14 AM   #1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvozfnbOIEI

Here is a simple how to and a test on the mic enjoy
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 27, 2007, 3:11 PM   #2

Fishy, I have a question for you about using a mic on an Aiptek A-HD. I'm using the camera to record in my car, but the embedded microphone on the A-HD doesn't pick up good sound, it gets all distorted and crackily. So I bought a microphone (like what singers and stuff use) from Radio Shack to use. It's a 1/4" jack, so I got a reducer to 1/8" jack to go into my AV input on my camera. But when I turn the camera on and select AV input, it says "no signal." Will I be able to use a microphone like this, and still record video from the A-HD's regular lense? There's obviously a step I'm missing, or I'm doing it the wrong way.

Or do I need to use an RCA (phono) to AV-input cable, and convert the 1/4" jack to a phono? I'm new to all this stuff, so I'm not exactly sure if I'm using the right equipment. It looks like in your video, you're doing what I want to do; using an external microphone through the AV input jack, and still recording video through the A-HD's lense. Any help??
Illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 3:50 PM   #3

av input allows aud and vid recording .

You may not use the Audio only, and record Video with the same device, unless you have a second A-Hd.

The Mic must have Power, it is has no power it will not record sound. I have tried a Pc mic and an External Video source a camcorder as av output to the Av input of the A-Hd. and no sound.

Member Window........ made a preamp. I went a step further and made it simplier.

Using it in the AV input, I proven it to record perfectly without a background Hiss.

It powers up the Mic that is needed to produce sound, it is just enough to get sound into the A-Hd without a amp.

There is no other way but to go into the A-Hd and snip the speaker and connect that way. was this helpful to you?

I though tthe electronics of the car was the interferrence, it is the sensitivity.

maybe wrapping the Mic will be a fix, it is easy to get to.
Old Dec 27, 2007, 4:15 PM   #4

Yeah that was helpful, thanks Fishy. I think the distortions in the sound are just from the vibrations and how loud it is inside my car. My original plan was to get a AV-input to phono/RCA cable, and hook up an external bullet cam for the video, and use a different microphone for the audio. Then I thought that if I could JUST use an external microphone, I'd save myself some money. But since the AV input doesn't support that, I'll probly just go with the original plan. I'm shooting for a set-up like this.

http://www.rfconcepts.co.uk/Sony%2020%20and%2021CW.JPG

Thanks again for the help Fishy.
Illmatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 27, 2007, 4:41 PM   #5

video can be from bulletcam

aud must have some type of power so that preamp is simple to do and would help, but not sure if be strong enough.

the camera mic isstrong , so strong it will pick up the outside over the inside noise. and that is what I feel is happening when I vid on a car

may be best to opt another route