Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 30, 2007, 1:29 PM   #1

Igot this camera for christmas, the brand is Aiptek - ISDV2.4 (As the title says). I open the viewing screen, it does the little opning tune and animation of colors, then acts normal. But, whenI go to take a video, after about 2 seconds of recording the screen goes black. About 2 seconds later, the opening animation plays again, and it virtually restarts itself. It does the same when i go to view videos ortake 2 or more pictures. I have a SanDisk 1GB SD memory card in it, with no pictures or anything on it. The camera was working fine yesterday.
Cerko is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:29 PM   #2

Is the SD card a new, unused one or have you used it in another device?

Did you format the card in the camera before taking stills or videos?

Did you turn off the camera while a video or stillwas still being written to memory?

Old HACer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 4:43 PM   #3

Oldhacer has all great points

Sdcard will need to be formatted in your pc, and then to thecamera. once the camera sees the cardwrites a file it will work fine. youmay go one step furtherformat in the camcorderas well

it needs to write a file

it will flash andreflash to it is corrected. somecards will notwork the sandisk is not one I owned it and it workedfine, but one may never know
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 5:46 PM   #4

"Is the SD card a new, unused one or have you used it in another device?

Did you format the card in the camera before taking stills or videos?

Did you turn off the camera while a video or stillwas still being written to memory?"

Yes, the card is new, and I've been using it since Christmas in this camera (it's worked fine)

No, i'm not sure how

No
Cerko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 30, 2007, 6:44 PM   #5

you need to format a sd card

card reader or camera right click. see format .

one in camera go to setting locate format.

then you also see default. chose tht

allow the cam to say hello to the card.

if just one kbof info is on the card it casues a headache

for example I used today the av input and now I need to reformat the sd anddefault the camera to operate correctly it hesitates at 20 secs of filming

Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:09 AM   #6

Hmmm.. This is an interesting topic because my IS-DV2 has been doing the same thing lately. Although it is weird because it will record fine sometimes and reset other times. However, it didn't used to do this. I assumed the camera was going bad because the $1 camera I bought from ebay some months ago had this same problem only it would do it every time. However, it never occurred to me that it might be the card because I did change cards in it recently. I downgraded it to a 256 MB card, as it had been using a 512MB but I gave that to somebody else. I've also noticed that on this card it always makes two folders, one that ends in 00 and the other one ends in 01. It always sticks the videos in 01. I erase both folders and it makes them again. But I hadn't tried formatting the card.. that is a good idea, and I will try it when I get home.

Cerko - Incidently, I'm curious what the video quality is on the ISDV2.4. Can you upload a nice video or two (maybe one indoors and one outdoors) taken in the 720x480 mode somewhere so we can download them? Don't use youtube because it will reduce it to 320x240 and highly compress it. Use a website where you can upload the raw video. Or you can just email some small clips to me.. My address is:

Pm me

(sorry you'll have to retype it, since I've de-spammed the address. )
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:31 AM   #7

Private message be the best way around this and then pass the email address, that way. we sometime sforget to look that route. no harm no foul it i s a safe way of doing things
Old Jan 1, 2008, 7:04 PM   #8

I think formatting the SD card may have fixed my issue. It no longer shows the 100media and a 101media folder like it used to. I have taken a dozen videos and so far, no resets. Of course, it was intermittant before, but it was happening about once every 10 videos, so there is no guarantee that fixed it.. time will tell. THe batteries went dead or I would have kept taking more videos to test.. Gotta get some more.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote