Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:19 AM   #1

Hello,

I got a A-HD and want to use it with my bullet cam but whenever the bullet cam gets close to the camera it re-sets! and stops recording. It seems ok if kept far enough away but not very good.

Any ideas if I can fix it?
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:31 AM   #2

when you bring it close what side is it going to top. bottom left right front rear

thefront ofthe lens to its right has a magnet

the lewer left has a on/of switch that works with a magnet.

is it possable the Bullet causes that magnetec shut down?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:35 AM   #3

The whole camera doesnt shut off, it just quits out of the AV-In interface and goes back to the normal recording. I then have to re-plug in the AV cables to get it back. I cant work out where, soon as the bullet cam gets within 10-30cm it stops!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 7:52 AM   #4

This is t he same problem. with a VHS cassette.

Are you doing anything to the pocket cam when plugged in.

I found out the VHS play, and then hitting a button like pause will stop the record in around 8 secs, and return to LIVE (camcorder mode) causing a Unplugn(camera left on) and av input turn on again.

1 try plugging. in the bullet cam first, then to get it to work if it is a hitting a record on or switch. meaning Allow it to be the EYE only of the AIptek A-Hd.

2. Then plug in Av input and record see if that gets you no interrruption.

Once you touch the Bullet cam it will shut down the A-Hd reguardless if this is the case.

I notic Aiptek.de has this and uses another model with it? questionable on why it does it? if it is the Aiptek pocket cam, if it is? and reading the topic main it is not a pocket cam?
Old Dec 31, 2007, 2:54 PM   #5

I've tried every single combination, sometimes, randomly it comes up black and white... when this happens it works perfectly and doesnt cut out at all no matter what I do! everything else just does the same.

It's a Sony Bullet cam so you would had thought that would be ok, it works fine on my other device!
Old Dec 31, 2007, 3:14 PM   #6

funny.

do not have a clue? I hooked up my camcorder, and other devices and no headaches.

"thought that scenerio help, but something is triggering it to turn off the record.

not sure now. hope others can shed some light, if owns a bullet cam. possably Aiptek will ahve that answer, but tehy be useless.

"

Sd card reformat, would be a wild guess, default the camcorder would be my othe rsuggestion. but if you are having troubles after av input tha twill reset the start stop i found after av input use.

"Welcome to the poormans camcorder

Old Dec 31, 2007, 8:39 PM   #7

As described in other topics, I have a spycam that amounts to something similar to a bullet cam. I found that electrical interference between the 9v power supply to the bullet cam, and the data cables for the bullet cam, was enough to cause the same problem.

There is electomagnetic fields radiating out of all these devices and the wiring, so it's not surprising they can interfere with each other. Using shielded cable might fix the problem, but it could be difficult to install.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Dec 31, 2007, 9:34 PM   #8

noise suppressions wrap a metal like nonmagnet around that cable or clip on two loops takes care of it.
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:13 PM   #9

Even twisting cables around each other can make enough of a difference. "Twisted Pair" wiring does exactly that.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:05 PM   #10

Thanks for the suggestions. I have got some of those ferrite clips which I looped aroud the cable at various points

I dont even know if those block the kind of interferance I'm getting but they dont work anyway