Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 1, 2008, 10:43 AM   #1

I just received an Ispan DDV-750 for christmas but for some reason when I use the flash the picture come out orange? I've tried adjusting the camera in everyway but nothing works. Any suggestions? Thanks.
blusmoke06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 1, 2008, 11:20 AM   #2
Administrator

You'd probably get better responses asking about this model in our Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicam Forum

So, I've moved this thread there for you.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 12:16 PM   #3

welcome to the site. thanks jim for redirection.

Ispan possably Sgspirit may have a comment on this model. my expertese leaned towards Aiptek. If the settings were looked at, seeif there is a filter on?

sometimes in video we have saphire , gives a old brownish tint, the DXG or hanshing had 7 different photo filters and tht can be found in the settings?

also location if you're in the USA, you should find the contact source, if overseas you have a better chance with the support? hope this was some what helpful?

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:38 PM   #4

This seems odd because normally the cameras auto selection of light type is wrong for indoors, but it always gets it correct for using the flash. Since you've already checked the settings, I have no idea what else could be wrong. This is a long shot, but on most of these cameras you can set the picture to be black&white, sepia etc.

Can you verify if you can change the light type in both still and video modes? Maybe the function is not working properly, so it can't choose the correct mode for flash pictures.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:47 PM   #5
Administrator

I don't know a thing about your camera.

But, if you are not within the flash range, and a camera is setting it's White Balance to Flash (approximately the same color temperature as daylight), incandescent (tungsten) lighting can look too warm, giving images an orange cast.

That sounds like what you're describing, as if you are not using a flash with white balance set to daylight (and auto white balance on some models can produce the same effect). That can happen if you're outside of the rated flash range and/or light sources other than the flash are contributing a lot of light to the exposure.

Are you within the manufacturer's rated flash range (and distance usually decreases as you zoom in more)?

If not, then the flash may not be contributing as much to the exposure, and you're getting more exposure from other light sources in the room, throwing off the white balance.

Make sure you're within the flash range. If so, change your white balance settings to get rid of the color cast.

JimC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 1, 2008, 5:55 PM   #6

To add to JimC's excellent observations, you could try using the flash in a place with little or no light besides the flash itself. Then turn on the lights and take another shot with the flash turned off. This could offer some clues to the problem.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 2, 2008, 3:25 AM   #7

All are great points, just forrefrence, the flashs of the older type Hybrids throw a range of 3 feet the micro flash,m the midsize about 4-6 feet, and the larger ones about 8-10 for the ones here

flashs for these enexpensive hybrids were never on these cameras and they never contributed to anything, taken a long time to finally getting to work.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 3, 2008, 10:02 AM   #8

Actually, I have had issues with strange colorations on both my Aiptek IS-DV2 and my Sanyo CG6. Both of them have an extreemly under-powered flash. What is strange, on my Sanyo unit is that often (totally opposite of logic) images will come out darker with the flash on than with it off. Just as fishy was saying, you have to be really close for the flash to be effective on these hybrids.

I have found the flash on my Aiptek is almost useless unless you get within 4 feet. But be carefull, because if you are only 3 feet away, then the image totally washes out. So it is very difficult to judge.

However.. I don't care much because I rarely use the flash on any camera. I absolutely detest using the flash because it makes the picture very unrealistic looking. It removes shadows from objects and faces, which makes it more difficult to see contours, edges, etc. A flash is always, always a last resort. All of my best photographs were made outdoors, or indoors where I had tons of light and a steady hand (or tripod) so that the flash wasn't neccessary. You'll find, in most cases, you can take a photo without a flash if you find a way to add more light, or move whatever it is to a different room where there is more light.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote