Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 8, 2008, 8:00 AM   #1

SInce i had a gift card for Circuit City, I bought the AIPTEK A-HD camera as it didnt cost me much out of pocket money. I have been readinig web sites and comparing th A-HD and the GO-HD unit. My main plan is to use this camera to shoot quick video clips for my web site and also play with the HD capabilities. I cant see using it for more then that. Maybe some quick family and friend videos since its small enough to have with me all the time.

Am I OK with the A-HD camera or would I be better off with the GO-HD camera? THe optical Zoom, autofocus and light are nice on the GO-HD but not a big deciding factor for me. Is there any reason what I would want to step up to the Go-HD? Is the picture quality any better? (I think its a different lens?) ..

What are you opinions??

Thanks...
--- Dave

djqwik is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:36 PM   #2

For me the auto focus was the deal breaker. Every time I saw that thing search in and out it just ruined the shot. I went with the AHD. I'm happy with the performance and price.
cinejay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 8, 2008, 6:51 PM   #3

THats what I read other places but my friend who has the Go-HD tells me it doesnt do that to often..

Old Jan 8, 2008, 9:02 PM   #4

Actually, the autofocus on the Sanyo CG6 isn't that great either. Of all the camcorders I've ever had, the autofocus on this one is the worst. (I've never had a Go-HD so I can't compare) But it often goes in and out of focus and god forbid I'm filming something in the distance and somebody's finger or something comes into the picture, the camera will immediately focus on the close-up object, screwing up the picture.

That is one thing about an Aiptek camera. They usually have just close-up and infinity. As long as you have the lens set to the right one, you are bound to be in focus. Of course, it is impossible to have a zoom with that type of focus system.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 3:28 AM   #5

the Go is more electronic macro is a push up on the nav mouse not a switch .

the Go does not have any manual controlsso auto focus isnot yet workable for the G0-Hd more ofa hit and miss, have to trust your camera to capture tht video.

now I own quite a few I have one camera that will auto focus and move a few inchs in direction when filming, becomes quite annoying, but when understood, it is delightful.

You cannot tell me it huntsall the time and does not film to its expectations?

There are other cameras like the Kodak 612,712 when in zoom it will go out of focus and then in focus takes roughly ove r 1 sec to getback in focus, the GO-HD does notdo that.

Aiptek A-HD Fixed lens keeps a perefect shot does its kob, TheGO-Hd no manaul override, otherwise nice and works fine

If you're looking for a bettefeatured cam you'll still have to research, andsurely others will say simular problems. nothing isperfect.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 9, 2008, 8:08 AM   #6

arent the GO-HD and the A-HD exactly the same with the exception of the AUTO FOCUS, VIDEO LIGHT and NIGHT SHOT LEDs? It looks like the optics (lens) is exactly the same (CMOS) and the mic etc are the same.... of course the case of the unit is different...

Old Jan 9, 2008, 8:24 AM   #7

would a Sanyo Xacti HD700 be a better choice for a HD pocket camera? how is the auto-focus, low light etc? I can get one for around $300
Old Jan 9, 2008, 3:13 PM   #8

You are better off with the sanyo xacti hd 700. the better of the three other cams. The Go-HD has Auto focus, non manul controls. only manual are Expousere raise 3 dots lower 3 dots, WB auto cloudy etc are just controls.

The A-Hd is the better buy less blur focussing. the Hd 700 has three modes full AUto simple andfull manual, who could ask for anything more on the better low end Models out there 300.00 was the going price 360 is the average with the best offered online price , others complain of being pushed on line to the customer too fast, well wait andsee what isin store in the near future?
Old Jan 9, 2008, 5:50 PM   #9

what website has the best pricing? so far the bets price is on EBAY..

Old Jan 9, 2008, 7:28 PM   #10

Iti s all up to you to find that price iused Amazon.com and found the lowest price of that winter sale