Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:45 AM   #21

Do you know how much a Sony sensor cost? It is impossible to have it with $99 DV at this moment. Even Aiptek like to have it, Sony may not sale it to Aiptek.
DIS may help because those algorithms usually consider rolling shutter effect.
Rio12375 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 4:45 AM   #22

there are some hybrids that use the Panasonic and the sony. I would think sony would come out with their own Model which they did the Netshare, taken years for them if they given these chips or sold them.

AIptek Already displayed a Model, at CES 2008, I am sure the writers had certain things to go after and Aiptek was not on their list.

As forwaviness sound vid whatever. economy wise its great if it was professional wise yes I be unhappy. been going on sice th beginning would think it be fixed in the next few models,
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 11:15 AM   #23

Rio12375 wrote:
Quote:
The wavy video is cuased by rolling shutter. It is the nature of CMOS sensor. Even you have DIS or EIS, it can't be fixed. Fortunately, the high speed sampling rate can improve it a lots. So you may enjoy 60fps modes if you think it is a big issue. 30fps is always need a tripod. And it is not suitable for sprots or other high speed scene.
Ah yes.. we finally have an official name for this problem, I looked up the term "rolling shutter" and found that this is exactly the right name for this.

However.. I can definatly say you are INCORRECT when you say that it is the nature of CMOS sensor. This is definatly not true because many CMOS sensors do not have this issue, and even some CCD sensors suffer from this issue when used in low-end devices. It is definatly the "implimentation" of the sensor that is the cause, not the sensor type itself.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 1:09 PM   #24

Anyone see the photos yet? I don't think I've seen these posted.

Officially: the AHD 300 Pro and 500 Pro

http://www.krunker.com/2008/01/13/ai...s-at-ces-2008/

webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 2:09 PM   #25

Web thanks.

Same Body Design, and almost the same model number kept to its german base, wonder who will recive first glory?

1 A-hd model, if IF IF they were smart they av input 720P.

2. 3x opt and old model I pass

3. 2x 4x digital zoom I am sure 4x 8x be a thought.

1280x720 hi def, how can 1400 plus be 1080P hi def?

can we say one step foward two steps back

no matter what 199.99 is the suggested price lowest price drom 139.99 look out for it?

I recommend those who want one let is sit on the shelfs for 2 months it will drop.....................................

I m super happy with 1280x720 200 more and thesame av input LMAO
Old Jan 14, 2008, 3:12 PM   #26

av input 720P? - If it has this, I'm sold. I have a lot on my Directv HD DVR I'd love to save in HD (if it even works).

webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:04 PM   #27

webshark3 wrote:
Quote:
av input 720P? - If it has this, I'm sold. I have a lot on my Directv HD DVR I'd love to save in HD (if it even works).

Heck, if they could even make one that could record 640x480 NTSC properly, then I'd be picking one up as a cheap portable VCR for various things. (wireless kite camera, car camera, helmet cam, etc..)
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 5:13 PM   #28

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
Heck, if they could even make one that could record 640x480 NTSC properly, then I'd be picking one up as a cheap portable VCR for various things. (wireless kite camera, car camera, helmet cam, etc..)
When I do some recording with a vcr , rule of thumb play the vcr first and let it go plug in a av input and record walk away. most want to touch the tape and that is where it messes up

we're int o720x480 and I am very pleased.

So imagine ifthe get to 1280x740 or 1028 LOl
Old Jan 14, 2008, 6:37 PM   #29

So it seems to have no mic input, at least it's not mentionned, too bad for that.

At least hopefully they improved sound quality at least a minimum so one can stand listening to any type of interview or conversation recorded and not think this was filmed with a lame mobile phone like audio-recording quality.

I'd like to know the bitrates. I guess 720p stays around 4mbit/s and 1080p becomes around 8mbit/s perhaps. That would be just very COOL.

Actually 1440x1080 progressive 30fps would be very awesome. I guess the pixels would be recorded in non-square fashion to provide 16/9 aspect ratio. Sony and Panasonic has been providing 1440x1080 resolution interlaced video for all of their HD camcorders for the past 2 years. It's only just recently with the latest models that Sony and Panasonic started to do 1920x1080, but still they provide ONLY interlaced video recording so far. The first camcorder to provide 1080p recording at consumer friendly prices MIGHT actually be Aiptek as far as I know.

Canon just announced a nice looking 1920x1080 30fps progressive camcorder the Vixia HF10 but it won't be out till March or April. Samsung seems to have announced a 1080p camcorder also the HXM20 but it seems not to be immediately available. Sony and Panasonic so far are NOT providing 1080p camcorders at consumer friendly prices as far as I know. Sony and Panasonic want to force semi-profetionnal users into buying their $5000 HD camcorders if they want to get 1080p recording. Which is the only format usable for editing, for computer screens, for HDTVs, for the Internet, for encoding to other formats and more. So thanks Aiptek for bringing $200 1080p camcorders, even though its not square 1920x1080 pixels.

I'm just hoping the sound quality has become more usable for interviews and that some of the rolling shutter has been fixed. If that's the case, then the AHD300 will be mine, and then I think Aiptek has a shot at completely disrupting the whole HD camcorder market and taking all the big companies by surprise. Then I think Aiptek could become one of the number 1 most popular HD camcorders. Though if sound quality remains unusable and rolling shutter still makes the video look like it was taken using a cell phone, then people will still choose to pay more for Sanyo, Samsung, Toshiba, Sony and Panasonic.
Charbax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 14, 2008, 10:37 PM   #30

About resolution, there are three view points:
1. Sensor capture resolution: It is how many pixels the system capture from sensor. It is the real resolution users will see. Of cause, the lens resolution may affect the captured results.
2. Encoding resolution: It is how many pixels in the encoded stream. The backend sometimes use scaler to down or up sampling the capture resolution for encoding.
3. Playback resolution: It is how many pixels the player show for users. In general, it depends on video aspect ratio.

If you see the 1440x1080 (i or p) video were played as 16x9, the capture resolution is usually 1920x1080.

If you feel the resolution is not good, or poor, it may be up sampling from other resolution. (You may need to reference other similliar models)

Besides, view angle is another way to see how backend do it.

Rio12375 is offline   Reply With Quote