Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 11, 2008, 12:14 AM   #1

I got it at night and have my house fairly well lit and the shots look pretty grainy. I formatted my card and set it to HD with florecent as my WB; since i figure thats the best for indoors.

i have 1.6 firmware (still dont want to upgrade to 2.00.2 or whatever it is based on the issues ive heard for some people in video quality). Ive seen others samples videos and they seem a lot cleaner then mine.

im just curious on how ya'll do your video with the a-hd; if there is something im missing in the process or if night shots just plain suck. I plan on taking this with me on my tropical honeymoon which will yeild nice day time shots if it does work as i have seen from others.

thanks.

scape211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 11, 2008, 4:37 AM   #2

Do not Upgrade you'll lower an Already adjust mic from a 12 db down to -6db.

"and then even lower more causing a too low mic.

2.002 will add 4x digital zoom and tweak the WB and sharpiness causing Low light interference. Aiptek produced " A DEFECTIVE" firmwar and is passing on the market. They already passed this out their shelf product. without ever testing.

You'll never get a recall if you purchase one.

"Low light will work fine in a video shot with ligh on it
You do not have an ISO 800 or higher setting and that is what is needed for a brighter shot but does not matter no light no vide ligt on object video is fine

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 1:59 PM   #3

yea, i dont plan to upgrade.

but from what your saying, it sounds like i should use nightmode to capture video indoors or at night? this was my main question

also, do any of you have some type of image stabilization software for post-production? just curious if i can help the image aside from just using tripod shots.

thanks all
scape211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 11, 2008, 4:09 PM   #4

nightmode will adjust the shutter, and should economy wise help out. some may comment not the best,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"you must use a tripod it will be like a sloow mo video strobe like effect may get purple added in.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote