Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 12, 2008, 6:04 PM   #51

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
I believe the reason you don't see the AV in is there is some kind of tax or tariff on items with this capability in Europe where there is not in the US (and should never be. Complain loudly and frequently to your representatives if they start thinking there should be).
Can anyone explain why Casio digital cameras in Europe also have restricted video recording to 10 minutes per clip? Is the tax rating different for a camcorder? ie if a digital camera records unlimited video, then would it be considered a camcorder for tax purposes over there?
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 6:37 PM   #52

I can answer for my casio I own it records UNLIMITED VIDEO cannot show ya but take my word for it

rgvcam wrote:
Quote:
hdguy wrote:
Quote:
I believe the reason you don't see the AV in is there is some kind of tax or tariff on items with this capability in Europe where there is not in the US (and should never be. Complain loudly and frequently to your representatives if they start thinking there should be).
Can anyone explain why Casio digital cameras in Europe also have restricted video recording to 10 minutes per clip? Is the tax rating different for a camcorder? ie if a digital camera records unlimited video, then would it be considered a camcorder for tax purposes over there?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:04 PM   #53

AHD300 due in April (for Europe - Aiptek source).
US Aiptek Customer Service doesn't know anything about the ahd300 or doesn't want to say.
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 27, 2008, 12:58 PM   #54

they know and they willnot say, that is why may is my guessing date
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:38 AM   #55

Shop price of AHD300 : 149€ (but not yet available) http://www.alternate.de/html/product/details.html?articleId=252960&tn=HARDWARE& l1=Bild%2FFoto&l2=Videokameras&l3=Kameras

sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 7:47 AM   #56

LMAo all I can say International again gets first ones will paitiently await onefor here in th usa. if and when one gets my hybrid let me know

oops did I slip?

Old Apr 1, 2008, 9:10 AM   #57

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
LMAo all I can say International again gets first ones will paitiently await onefor here in th usa. if and when one gets my hybrid let me know

oops did I slip?

I do not know where you get that idea from; Japan/Asia tends to get things first then North America then Europe, then whoever they feel like shipping to. A prime example is consoles PS3, the Wii etc. Ok Aiptek might be different, but you have it good in North America prices are generally alot lower than what Europe pays. Prime example you can get an aiptek AHD on sale a typical price is $150, here in the UK it's £175 (cheapest is £110) typical now with the exchange rate approx $2 to £1 that makes it over $300 for the AHD (A HD200 in europe as it's called).
I agree it's annoying waiting but at least you are not the guinea pig with the product that way.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 10:22 AM   #58

2005, followed the model or models. north america or Over seas had 1st choice. since then North america became more the 1st then llast, andnow it is changingagain

most gadgets are not for us the USa but over seas and a year later. just an opinion, or observation. We all a have them
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:02 AM   #59

Where have you seen it for £110
podger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 1, 2008, 12:40 PM   #60

QVC had it for that price with a 2GB stick when they introduced it, now its £133 ish I believe. I actually ordered it but sent it back due to the poor sound and weak colours compared to the cg65 I have. In the end I bit the bullet and went wth the sanyo hd700 although I really wanted the hd1000 but didn't have deep enough pockets.
herbs is offline   Reply With Quote