Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 20, 2008, 7:37 PM   #1

Anyone else getting corrupt MOV files when using this camera. It works sometimes but othertimes I get a "file failed" message and the unit locks up (can't even turn power off, have to remove battery to get it going again). Sometimes it appears to record okay but it won't playback the entire file. And when I copy the file to the PC it wont play because it is corrupt. Other times it works fine. What gives?

My SD card is a classic 6 turbo 4GB SDHC from ADATA. Any chance it's the card that causing the problem? Seems weird that a card problem would lock up the camera. I've already returned the camera once for a new unti but I still have the problem so that makes me think it is the card.

Any suggestions?
chebel is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 20, 2008, 8:01 PM   #2

try this

format sd card in the PC then format in the camera then try to record and play on the pc.

have you tired that? or are you just using a sd card with different files on there?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 4:58 PM   #3

Ever solve this problem? I have an A-HD that I'm using in D1 mode that has the same symptoms. The image sometime records split screened, with the bottom half of the screen on top. The camera locks up, and I have to pull the battery as well. The card I use is a PQI 2 gigand it works fine in my Sanyo Xacti 720p camera. I specifically purchased this camera for its d1 recordingcapability from an external source and I have never encountered the problem with my older Aiptek MPVR.

NH Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 5:30 PM   #4

see if the battery is solidly placed in

also did you try fromating in the sanyo that will get the card working as well. sometimes a file will do this cause an issue

i understand weare guessing but it is a sd card that is causing it unles something else

right now I am in a projecto and I see the cam go to white not an issue why b/c the power is not stable.
Old Jun 26, 2008, 6:19 PM   #5

Very likely to be sd card fault.
I have a sdhc A-DATA 8gb class 6, and after a few recordings it completely died. At this point, if I insert the card in the camera, the camera tries to read it but it cant and reacts very slowly to user commands; after a while, it chooses to use the internal memory and work fine.
Pc cant read the card as well.

In your case, corrupted files is probably a symptom of sd problems. Lots of people had problems with sdhc in their EEE Pc, caused by incompatibility between cards and reader, and they usually got either corrupted files or dead cards.
Maybe try an other brand sdhc
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 7:51 PM   #6

Thanks for your replies. FYI: Chris at Aiptek says that my PQI SD card will not work in the A-HD but he wants me to send him a copy of the video clips to take a look at the problem. Again, I use the same SD cards in my Xacti and MPVR there has never been an issue. The dump the files in to separate file folders. I would think the Xacti would be far more intolerant of the card based on the quality of video I get out of it compared to the Aiptek.
NH Video is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 26, 2008, 9:44 PM   #7

One of my finds was:

went out shot clips and was on a sdhc card, i deleted by accident, and came home to the pcto find out the camera will not delete the sdhc ( do not try this on filesyou do not want to delete?

on otherolder hybrids new at the time the hanshing they played well with sandisks 256 but once higher than 512 they crashed, butworkedwell with A-Data

this isthe problem we have with certain cards? they have come a longway. about all my cards work I have a dz
Old Jun 27, 2008, 12:02 PM   #8

In your case it doesn t seem to be a problem of the sd card. Have you tried recording to internal memory? Does the same problem happen? Maybe it s cable problem??? It strange that it records splitting the screen, you know, a corrupted file usually doesnt make that effect...

NH Video wrote:
Quote:
Ever solve this problem? I have an A-HD that I'm using in D1 mode that has the same symptoms. The image sometime records split screened, with the bottom half of the screen on top. The camera locks up, and I have to pull the battery as well. The card I use is a PQI 2 gig¬*and it works fine in my Sanyo Xacti 720p camera.¬* I specifically purchased this camera for its d1 recording¬*capability from an external source and I have never encountered the problem with my older Aiptek MPVR.

¬*
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2008, 4:37 PM   #9

as well as a battery surge if you load more than the required voltage it will ocure to pixalte etc......