Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 23, 2008, 1:31 AM   #1
rxr

rxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:24 AM   #2
rxr

Old Jan 25, 2008, 6:57 AM   #3
rxr

Old Jan 26, 2008, 3:31 PM   #4

That is odd. Both the purple issue and that it doesn't come up more often. I don't have either of these cameras myself. I've got the IS-DV2+ and MPVR+, neither of which has this particular problem. I've aimed both of them at a bare 100 watt bulb and they have no issues with it.
No_Seriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2008, 3:58 PM   #5

Itis hard to get all the info and be precise.

Purple lines should be exlained more in detail? The member says from left to right, and on the lcd screen as well.

My observation, and opinion may be in reason or not.

1 facing the camera into the sun will get you a black spot, a halo, and or a star trek beam.Cmos is much harder to ge this. You'll get the black spot more, you'll get a halo on some, and least the star trek beam up/down or where ever a strong light is at, if it is a certainbulb or street light headlight or light source?

I thought i just take the A-Hdto a light bulb of 150 watts, instead of it blacking out I am super supriced that you are able to read the info the size of the bulb , and the label of the fixture, also it is 600 watts lit , wouldn't the whole pic be lit? instead you have everything black around the bulb. works for me.

If in this case the sensor may be defective, also do not leave out the ribbon cable it may just be loose as well? anything is possable?

Click to enlarge

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 26, 2008, 11:09 PM   #6

I've never had one of these cameras, so I'm just guessing here.

I gather you don't get the lines all the time. If you take a picture or video with the lines, are the lines present when you replay the picture or video? What if you replay it on a computer.

What this tests is whether the lines are a screen malfunction, or a sensor/processor function.

When the lines are present, if you shake the camera around or gently hit it, do the lines change? If so, that would point to a loose connection.

Given the crooked lens angle, I'd suspect the camera has been dropped and something inside it is broken.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:10 AM   #7
rxr

Old Jan 27, 2008, 7:39 AM   #8

Aiptek GO-HD,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"Auto focus Totally agree it is hunting more than less.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"you probably have a defective model the A-HD len is a plug and play I was going to say that plug isdefective, the GO's design hmmm is it the same do not know,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the lens is crooked that plug is not making contact.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"If I have to re-edit I'll do so in the Go aboput star trek lines the Go has it more than the A-Hd

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"1 Please go to the Mode and where you see video res phot res look for NIGHT MODE is it on:G

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"that will casue the purple problem slower shutter we

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"again lines left/right isa loose cable you'll get a smear up/down, you'll get a flare from thelight like a star or rign

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"now for the pics not best hmmm I will do the same shot right now. my sanyo xacti shows the same as the posted. My Casio shows blur around the light

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"both sanyo and casio show the star trek on lcd but not the pic itself when viewed, no need to load up

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"2 the CMOS sensor is better on the Aipteks, the plastic is it clean and show a perfect smoothness if by any chanve that can be defective , not glass like the Musteks ?

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"300 I return, if you are serious on the Aiptek of keeping and can live with its headaches would you get a new one or th4e A-Hd? I go with a A-HD can work around the otical with a wide angle by pheonix fits perfect.

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"I can aloswait for the Mustek butno digital zoom most likely a bettersound

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"3, the in/off was the older version defect 1.2-3 firmware fogetting the exact number

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"members complained at the start aboutt his and never heard fromagain.............
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:02 PM   #9

My Go-HD does the same thing also...

Funny thing is, when I smack the camcorder a little bit its fine.
Then it started showing the purple lines again, and my abusive remedy didnt work, so I took the whole camcorder apart and found out that the curcuit board wasnt making full contact with the connector. Theres are whitepadding to support it to hold it in place, but I guess it doesnt hold it hard enough.
My advice, send it back and let them fix it.

I have both the A-hd and the Go-hd.
Id say the A-hd is the better buy...that is if you can live without zooming.
RotaryKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 27, 2008, 10:07 PM   #10
rxr