Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old May 2, 2008, 11:09 AM   #11

Hi

The 14$ steadycam does work but it has an issue with rotation.

M
blackice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 2:56 PM   #12

If you aren't out of breath when you go to shoot, you can try what marksmen do. Take two deep breaths, and hold it when you exhale on the second one. Start your shooting the moment you begin holding your breath.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 3, 2008, 3:17 PM   #13

I built the $14 steadicam but was unsatified with the results. It does have problems with rotation. However before anyone tries to build one if you have one of the small tripods just mount your camera on it and use the folded legs as a the grip. It is about the same thing as the $14 steadicam but even more stable. Plus the mount is easier to deal with. There are still some problems with rotation.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 5, 2008, 2:49 AM   #14

Hi

I had an assistant film with the Aiptek while I was shooting with my TRV900 + 3d vid adapter. I had put the Aiptek on a decent monopod with and flip down base brace.

Footage came out pretty stable considering the venue/space and that she kept on getting bumped by other photogs.

M
Attached Images

Old May 5, 2008, 3:27 AM   #15

Hi

Thanks for the comment. Videos not posted and not sure if it will be or not. Audio is awful and I'd need to take audio from the TRV900 or get the sound track CDs off the club.

This thread got me looking into stabilizers again. I could buy the one pre built ones but then after a look on ebay I found the U-Flycam Steadycam Stabilizer which would support the TRV900 too.

So now considering that option.

M