Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jan 24, 2008, 3:59 PM   #1

Hello, first time poster: I bought a Aiptek hand held video in december, the package says a 'DZO-V5T' but I think Aiptek refers to it as a IS-DV2. Question 1) Is there any way to use the video, if the fold out viewing screen is closed? Id like to use this camera, strapped to my bike helmet, and the only way I can see to acomplish this is with a big wad of something holding the video screen open about a half an inch. And... Question 2) The sound sync thing. Can Movie Maker, using one of its XML files be run to fix the syn? And... Question 3) How do I find the Bios Version in my camera? -- hope thats enough [havent been able to raise Aiptek tech support...]

Thankx :idea:

ksink is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:30 PM   #2

Ksink welccome to the site, and thank you for the inquerry.

1 the IS-DV2 now hasa model called IS-DV2.4 I believe with a swival screen around 100.00 introduced not long ago. never thought it comedown or hitthe stores here?

A in order, or what may be done to get the camera recording? you may have to Modify the camera by opening and removing the magnet by the sd card slot will be the on/off mechanism it will be a small square about .25 mm super small to be exact lol. You cannot disconnec that from the cam, but you can try to find the magnet in the LCD screen, can one block a magnet , that is a question?

Possably a peice of no magnetic metal, and to find the o/off a magnet is needed once you do that it will be easy hope that madesense and helped

2. Synch issues never hought the IS-DV2 had any. in WMM there are no auto plugin fixs . what you will have to do would be make title and credits and select a add at beginning and hit space once and done creates a pic or overlay , extend it. add your video to the time line and copy the video, or drag it into the audio . mUte thevideo not the audio one. drag the audio to the beginning or towards the end. that will get the video in synck,

that is how I used to do mine do you understand? that's how I did mine.

3. Firmware (bios) I believe they do not have one for this model sorry. I emailed Aiptek today and no response probably in a meeting.

hope i did good:-)
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 4:51 PM   #3

There is no way to make the camera work with the screen closed without internal modification, that I am aware of. Not sure on moviemaker, but Premiere will definately do it. A free program that will work is Virtualdub for fixing audio sync errors, trouble is the new versions don't support .ASF format. That feature was removed because of legal issues. However, you can still find older versions of virtualdub on the internet that do support .ASF and those should work fine for syncing the audio.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jan 24, 2008, 5:17 PM   #4

Once again it is a magnetic switch that can be overide by a non magnetic plate between the screen nd sd card slot of the on/off
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote