Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:09 PM   #1

Hi guys, glad to have found this forum for question on the a-hd.

First of all, does the cd provided come with any software to edit videos? If not, can you recommend any to split it up etc? I'm still new to this video editing stuff let alone hd.

Also, how do I check my firmware? I am a lil dissapointed with the sound, but I'm still pretty new to this camera. Not sure if latest firmware fixes audio.

And, what is a good player for these hd clips. I tried windows media 11 and it freezes. Even VLC doesnt make it all the way. Whats a good player to use.

I did get a black one from target if that means anything. Eventually when I sort it all out, I'll be uploading to vimeo.
nycunxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2008, 4:48 PM   #2

welcome Nycunxer

There was a time when our members say I gota cam, and never even had it..

1 You got a Target one what does it say on the CDR? Target models may still be a older one. and a CDr disk will only have codec and player.

keeping to Aiptek total media extreme. going outsource any H264 program SOny ulead, magix are some. I use pro editor 12 by magix andsony movie vegas 8

Firmware can be checked by going to the pinned post I have 2nd post or the one after pro and cons

on playback you hit together mode and backspace on the screen

1.600 was the latest, today it is 2.002 you may update with Aiptek, they have a defective firmware out there. obtain from aiptek and demand replacement if damages or causes glitchs.

Audio i will improve from +6db to -6db meaning loud will be low and possable too low cause the low light shots to have noise and other issues.

your pc is it higher than 2.0 ghz nhz? read the box anything above 2.0 will work with a pent 4

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 5, 2008, 5:42 PM   #3

Hey Fishy,

Thanks, your vids on youtube and vimeo were some of the reasons why I decided to go with this bargain. The quality is pretty good for the price, the sound on the other hand is not so great. This vid cam really needs image stabilization. Really easy to shake the recording all over the place. Overall I'm happy, if I can fix the sound issue.

So I have Full: V1.502. What version do you have, and can the updated firmware be easily obtained on the site? Which firmware do you have?

On the cdr it says:
HD DV Camcorder
Contents:
-HD-DV Decoder <- not sure what thats for
-Photo Impression
-E-Manual

My laptop is T2080 @ 1.73 GHz, and its a Pentium dual core by the way.

I just updated the directx driver and now its playing fine on VLC, just not sure thats the best quality. I'll be playing the footage from the Giant's parade on my tv in a bit, but I know the shaking is real bad as I was hanging from a lamp post basically

I will have to look into the editing software you mention. I cant wait to play.
nycunxer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 3, 2012, 7:17 AM   #4

you are welcomed