Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 5, 2008, 8:01 PM   #1

I have used the "email" support feature on the Aiptek website twice over the past two weeks and have not received a reply. I asked about a firmware upgrade to inprove the garbled sound and "camera stops recording" when using line input.

Both times I have used the "Go-HD" as the "model" of my camera, because the A-HD is not listed in their pull down menu (red flag here). I then stated the model I "really" have and serial number along with a description of the problems.

What have others done to get a reply or firmware upgrade from this company??

Does anyone have the latest firmware for the A-HD US model available for download?
foxdirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 5, 2008, 11:24 PM   #2

Hi there,

I just bought my Aiptek last week. The model # ont he blister pack says: #86-454-02020. The firmware for my camcorder isver. 2.002 (10/26/07). This may be the latest, but I am not sure.

As far as the support site goes, if requests are automated and have confilcting info, it may never make it through their support tracker. Have you tried contacting them by phone? Here is the info for the states:

AIPTEK INC. - U.S.A Office

51 Discovery Ste. #100
Irvine, CA 92618

Telephone Number:
949-585-9600

FAX Number: 949-585-9345

Office Hours: 8 am - 5 pm PST ; Monday - Friday
Tech Support Hours: 8:30 am - 5:30 pm PST ; Monday - Friday

Hope that helps some.

3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 3:37 AM   #3

thank you

someone listens and did the right thing LMAO phone home is your best if you be paitient things work out

if you realy want a downloadable one you aregoingto live with a defective firmware what more can I say
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 6, 2008, 10:58 AM   #4

My impression is they have one guy taking care of support so it takes awhile but he is very responsive once he gets to your case.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:41 PM   #5

I emailed twice in November. Still waiting for a response.
webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 7, 2008, 4:50 PM   #6

you are best to go directly to the HQ site aiptek tawain. and your response will get priority service.

Old Feb 8, 2008, 8:08 AM   #7

I have sent an email to the Taiwan support address. Lets see if they respond.
foxdirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 11:22 AM   #8

Let me know if they fix the interferance issue with recording from the AV-In, I've got the same issue and emailed them (Both US and Tiawan) but didnt get a responce from either.
DynaMight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 8, 2008, 12:55 PM   #9

on lower fimware the av in of D1 and CIF were issues and firmware was supposed to correct certain issues
Old Feb 8, 2008, 2:37 PM   #10

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
My impression is they have one guy taking care of support so it takes awhile but he is very responsive once he gets to your case.
Actually they do have more than one guy. I think I have come acress at least 3. One of them who I seemed to keep getting iniitally was decidely rude though and tried to brush me off. If you get the right one though, then you are right, he is reasonably helpful but even then, he seems to have his hands tied behind his back.

Considering they don't seem to have the resources for decent support, I really think they should just create a self help forum where people can post their problems. That way, at least people have somewhere to turn and the techs can post from time to time on questions they can actually answer.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote