Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 12, 2008, 5:42 PM   #31

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
Fishycomics.. What software did you use for that? That is really interesting. Unfortunatly, it doesn't address rolling shutter, but I can definately see how it helps the shaking. I have seen a software demo that does compensate for rolling shutter artifacts, and it does something similar, putting black lines down the sides but they are slanted black lines. However, if you cropped the video down some after doing the compensation, the final video would look really great (albeit at lower resolution)
The way I see it, I traveling downhill backwards with a 75% chance of completely wiping out AND having the forward sled running over me (requiring both my hands to brace me).

The rolling shutter on a $100 Hd camcorder is the least of my worries. And it creates for some cool memories down the road.

This isn't my primary camcorder, but it is a fun camcorder just just beat the [email protected] out of. lol
webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 4:31 AM   #32

I am sure Adric22 knows this, we rubb it in his messages over and over (face).

If thisdevice falls any lower on the market will he break down and get one and maybe he'll have a better perspective on it?

the MPVr is still 150.00 on the market Oh man that is Old.......

best to take punsihment a less expensive , than a professional one and could not agree more. i am one day to drop it in a bucket of oil LMAO if I continue my r how to's

webshark3 wrote:
Quote:
adric22 wrote:
Quote:
Fishycomics.. What software did you use for that? That is really interesting. Unfortunatly, it doesn't address rolling shutter, but I can definately see how it helps the shaking. I have seen a software demo that does compensate for rolling shutter artifacts, and it does something similar, putting black lines down the sides but they are slanted black lines. However, if you cropped the video down some after doing the compensation, the final video would look really great (albeit at lower resolution)
The way I see it, I traveling downhill backwards with a 75% chance of completely wiping out AND having the forward sled running over me (requiring both my hands to brace me).

The rolling shutter on a $100 Hd camcorder is the least of my worries. And it creates for some cool memories down the road.

This isn't my primary camcorder, but it is a fun camcorder just just beat the [email protected] out of. lol
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:38 AM   #33

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
I am sure Adric22 knows this, we rubb it in his messages over and over (face).

If thisdevice falls any lower on the market will he break down and get one and maybe he'll have a better perspective on
I guess I should just keep my mouth shut, because I'm always getting mis-interperated on this. I wasn't suggesting that WebShark3 should get a different camera. I just mentioned that if I were going to be taking "that kind" of video on a a "regular basis" than "I" would want a global shutter camcorder. However, in this case, since it was just a spur of the moment thing, the A-HD is just fine. In my case, such a spur of the moment thing would have probably been taken with my IS-DV2 because that is what I always have with me. So, the A-HD would have undoubtably done a better job.

And yes.. I plan to break down and get an A-HD one of these days, because it would be a good replacement for my IS-DV2.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 13, 2008, 10:32 AM   #34

adric22 wrote:
Quote:
I just mentioned that if I were going to be taking "that kind" of video on a a "regular basis" than "I" would want a global shutter camcorder.
If this was a regular occurance, I'd still be more worried about my health insurance than the shutter. lol

I do agree though. I love this type of shot becuase it gives a very differnt and interseting perspective. You're typical home movies with a twist.

The catch 22 is, I'll probably do it often (daring shots), but I won't do it with anything expensive.

On a recent trip to Disney, I took my good Panasonic 3CCD camcorder down Splash Mountain on the final day of our trip. I had expected to "retire it with a bang." It got soaked and locked up. Who knew it would dry out, continue to work perfectly, and continue on past it's "retirement" (I'm saving for a Canon HV20 or 30).

But it showed me that I can really beat the [email protected] out of most of this stuff. With the Aiptek, I don't need to worry.
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:33 AM   #35

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
http://www.vimeo.com/685595

webshark3 , perfection caught on tape is all one can ask, if you have a few other angles and edited, then the pic be even more of a precious moment...
Hi Fishy, Hi webshark3,

Well, I wish I knew what you were referring to, Fishy, because when I went to the link, unfortunately the video was gone. :sad:

webshark3, is there a way I could see the video? Is it posted somewhere else on the Net? Would like to know, if possible.

Thanks.
3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:39 AM   #36

Okay, here is a pic that is small enough in file size for the forum. It is of a ceramic frog that I took using the macro feature. I think it came out well, all things considered (I had to resize it of course, to fit the forum). I am still testing out the macro to see what its true limitations are.

Well, enjoy. :-)
Attached Images

Old Feb 18, 2008, 12:49 AM   #37

Here is a close-up of the frog's back and the detail from the macro. Hope I cropped it right to show it well. (And yes, it is cropped from the same original image I used to create the one above.)

Attached Images

Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:05 PM   #38

Hi Guys! I bought an AHD based on the reviews here and the footage on vimeo etc, so first i'd like to say thanks

Here are two videos I shot with the ahd (lots more to come but my upload speed is really slow!).

Squirrel - My wife shot this handheld. Suffice to say only a few seconds were really watchable due to shake and tearing
http://www.vimeo.com/699235

Urban Beauty - Shots of a canal using a tripod. I just set the camera up and let it roll then edited it using vegas.
http://www.vimeo.com/658243
vurfing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:06 PM   #39

Strange, they're not gone, but it seems to have messed with my link. Try this link to all my videos:

http://www.vimeo.com/user336861/videos

The video is "Jack".
Old Feb 18, 2008, 4:09 PM   #40

Thanks vurfing. It's amazing what this thing can do on a tripod. Video looks great.