Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:15 PM   #41

webshark3 wrote:
Quote:
Strange, they're not gone, but it seems to have messed with my link. Try this link to all my videos:

http://www.vimeo.com/user336861/videos

The video is "Jack".
Okay, I actually did see this one (perhaps a different link used earlier?), but I didn't see the one with the evergreen trees and lights. Cool! Really shows the low-light quality of Aiptek. And I also like the train shot as well.

Webshark3, I noticed that many of your winter shots have a very grey sky. Were all these shots taken during an overcast day? What locations were the tree and train shots taken at? Just curious.

TTFN.
3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 7:50 PM   #42

vurfing wrote:
Quote:
Hi Guys! I bought an AHD based on the reviews here and the footage on vimeo etc, so first i'd like to say thanks

Urban Beauty - Shots of a canal using a tripod. I just set the camera up and let it roll then edited it using vegas.
http://www.vimeo.com/658243
Your video really looks nice! Glad to hear that you enjoy the A-HD. I've had mine for almost 4 weeks now and I am really enjoying it. Can't wait to see more vids. :-)
Old Feb 20, 2008, 4:50 PM   #43

Yep, Chicago, and pretty much overcast for as long as I can remember.

Looks clear today. Wonder what a Lunar Eclipse will look like with a A-HD. hmmmm....
webshark3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 21, 2008, 1:37 AM   #44

Was the eclipse today? Rats, I missed it !:sad: I have to pay more attention to these things. But then again, we had an overcast sky so I don't think I could have seen it anyway. Oh well.

Chicago? I thought it looked like somewhere north, but I was thinking more west, actually. For some reason, the train shot looks like it could be in Colorado, Nevada, or the Dakotas or something like that (please note that I have not been to these places, physically--it just "looks" like it is from there).

Well, if you do get a chance to capture the eclipse with your A-HD, I would love to see the pics, if at all possible.

Thanks for sharing.
Old Feb 21, 2008, 5:47 AM   #45

the Moon was full, it was blue, was orange in the Am early hour. and well did not know a eclipsewas here or there.

Sanyo picked up the moon not sure if the aiptek will need to have a zoom on it or filter.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:36 PM   #46

I'll upload the video shortly (not impressive at all). Here's a comparison.

First shot is from my Canon 300D with Tamron 28-75mm lens.
ISO 100, 1/2000sec, F8, 75mm. (HEAVILY cropped)

Second one is the Aiptek A-HD
ISO 300, 1sec, F2.8, ~35mm (?) (HEAVILY cropped)

Old Feb 22, 2008, 12:46 PM   #47

Here's the video of the Lunar Eclipse shot with the A-HD. Not impressive at all. I zoom in and out (digital 2x).

http://www.vimeo.com/717523

Old Feb 23, 2008, 2:29 AM   #48

Hi webshark3,

Thanks for uploading the pics and video. Yea, there is a big difference between the Canon and the A-HD but then again, I wonder if your Tamron zoom lens was fitted on the A-HD, if there would be a significant difference? I can tell by your A-HD video that there is some type of natural phenomenon occuring, it's just not easy to tell exactly what. :-)

But I wouldn't beat up the A-HD too quickly. It may not be able to capture all natural occurences, but I am imagining that if you were in a dicey weather situation like a really bad thunderstorm or even a hurricane, you may have just a slight hesitation in taking out your Canon to record the event than your Aiptek. I know I would. :-)
Old Feb 25, 2008, 9:18 AM   #49

Thanks 3dcc,

It definately won't win an award (lol), but it does show (again) a benefit of fixed focus. My DV AF camcorder hunts way too much, and has worse results.
Old Feb 27, 2008, 12:28 AM   #50

3dcc wrote:
Quote:
Just thought I'd start this thread promoting the Aiptek A-HD.

Here is a clip that I think really shows the quality of the A-HD very well:

Quality Test #1: Aiptek A-HD Video Only (No Sound) -
http://www.mefeedia.com/entry/qualit...sound/5913918/

The available lighting in this scene seems to be what the A-HD likes (wish I had the lighting scheme for this. )

Enjoy
Hey! That's my video! I was bored one day, so I decided to record my friend AJ in my dad's garage.

There were actually only two light sources. The bay door was open, so the sun was shining in. Also, right above us there was a Florescent garage light. That's it.

For those who want to know what was said, it went like this:

AJ: This is mo' Bull**** ... Yeah!
Me. This is discovery HD, and we are now observing the great albino gorilla in his habitat.
AJ: Oooh ohh ah (impersiniating a gorilla)
Me: Observe how he carefully arranges his sharp tools, used for hunting....
AJ: Ohh I'm f***ing p***ed off... F***ing.... *points screwdriver at me* HMPH!
Me: We better leave before he--*gets cut off*
AJ: You see that, uhhh, screw point!

There ya go! Yes, AJ has a very bad potty mouth!

The reason that there is no sound is because, at the time, I couldn't figure out how to get sony vegas 7.0 to import the sound with the video. However,since then, I discovered that by simply renaming the filetype from .MOv to .MP4, vegas will import the sound and audio completely in sync. Anyways, I guess it's a good thing, since AJ's mouth probably would've got me in trouble if it had sound haha.

My next test video will have sound as well as video.

BTW: I have another test on stage6.com. just search the name Nikogrel. I'll be uploading that to blip.tv sometime tonight since stage6 will be offline starting the 28th

EDIT: I just uploaded another test video to vimeo. Also, the one I mentioned before (That is on stage6) I'm uploading that to vimeo as well. I'll post that link when it becomes available.

Quality Test #2. Aiptek A-HD Video and Close-up Audio (1.6 firmware)
Nikogrel is offline   Reply With Quote