Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 13, 2008, 8:35 AM   #1

Aiptek releases the A-HD med 2007. 1.2 ver.XX Z Glitch found and addressed to company were the delay of the Still shutters electronic sound. Missing Mac USB file was left out, and sound (MIC) did not produce a normal sound.

Aiptek released not a Firmware to the public, but a newer Lott with a corrected firmware patch, Fixing the issues of Still shutter sound, and mac USB file .

Aiptek A-HD 1.3 -1.5 ver XXwere released , the D1 and CIF of the Av input were causing video NR(noise reduction) to the footage, after the soon released 1.3 ver. 1

Aiptek A-HD 1.60. ver. XXreleased with all issues fixed only fix that was added with firmware was 5 languages everything else was corrected by the earlier firmware.

Aiptek released its latest firmware 2.002 ver. XX. to the public, with corrected issues fixed. all fixs were USB mac file, still shutter sound, D1, CIF av input Nr video, and language.

You may opt to open the camc up and locate the chip that will be physically marked with the correct firmware

The Firmware released from the site, is an update for 1.2-through-1.6 - to- 2.002 upgrade, USA version
will add:

up to 30 secs of Internal memory ( from Aiptek support)

4x digital zoom

lower gain of MIC to -6db

white balance tuning.

sharpness to sensor

Side effects found on individual models due to Firmware update:

Low light sensitivity. causing streaking and noise to video

Sound clicking repeated clicking, a too low gain control of sound

zoom speed not a true streaming

Firmware update info may not be in full detail, as when questioned, the firmware will only fix a issue, while after download the fixs are noticed and newer items added that are not mentioned by support or are withheld info.

latest released firmware 2.002 2.102 word of mouth

You have Three methods of Firmware upgrade I suggest you follow method one if not, method two, and last resort reconcider method One your choice

Methods of updating: Best methoud send for repair (longest wait time)

method one. Contact your local camera/camcorder support.allow time for response explain your problem via Email, phone call or letter. and request a repair- in their hands wait time for this repair may take several months. camera be back in hand and company will now be able to correctly produce a better cam when completed

Method two. Contact your local cam/camcorder support allow time for response, and request a update firmware, andfollow instructions on download and patch repair. In this method you have the chance to correctly load the firmware one time only, and having a perfect working model, or having some side effects to the cam, or frying the camcorder if done wrong. If you correctly load and not an issue you'll be finished, if you have a problem then you'll referre to Method One. camera will be sent to company they will correct the issue for free due to their issues, unless outside the warranty, take a few months to fix, camera back in hand telling company to correctly produce a better cam

Method three. Download from Link provided below. it is a file from the Camcorders support team. You'll follow the instructions in the provided word doc. You'll Format a sd card, have your cam plugged in to a Ac outlet, and proceed to load firmware. If correctly done, you'llturn on your cam, and check forthe Updated firmware

Oct 22, 2007time HW. 1.

If you accedently lose power or Pull out the SD card the camera should be able to continue flashing .

If you fry the camera you'll have the following option and only one option

A) Be out of warranty

B)Send Cam back to cam support center

C) Be subject to labour fees

D) toss the baby good bye

method One is the safest routemethod two is the quickest route and a back up plan, method three you're on your own

It is the sole responsability of one to take corect actions, and decide their best route of updating, you'll bypass all warrantys, and fixs for future models, thus telling a company they have perfect model on hand , to produce yet another defect.

This firmware may or may not have a defect ,and will have the correct batch for your Aiptek A-Hd Ver 1.2-1.600 to 2.002 ver.XX

download link

2.002 oct 22 2007 HW.Aorginal firmware to date Improved or updated firmware N/A

Firmware Downlaod is absolutely your choice, thank you

Take no responsability for the provided info they ore of a opinion, observation, and expeirience of owningthe camcorders of 1.2, 1.6 versions

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 13, 2008, 6:37 PM   #2

Ok, thank you for the PM.
Trigger_Happy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 18, 2008, 1:18 AM   #3

Hey Fishy,

Thanks for the info on the firmware update. I just bought my A-HD a few weeks ago (end of January) and the firmware that came already loaded on it, is as follows:

Number on blister pack: #86-454-02020.

Firmware info: Full: v2.002 2/18 02:09
HW: A
Time: Oct 26 2007 15:53:3
Nand: HY27US08561M
Bin: sd_v5v.bin
Model: V5V
Num of Lang: 15

It sounds like the "2.002 oct 22 2007 HW.A " may be the same firmware, it's just that the company may have released the one that shipped with my camera, 4 days later, therefore using the date of "Oct 26 2007". But I will go ahead and see if I can find out more info on this to be sure.

Thanks.
3dcc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 19, 2008, 10:06 PM   #4

I heard there is a new firmware version 2.101. Is that true? I just purchased 2 a-hd cameras this afternoon at c.c. and both have version 1.600.

I also want to add that I'm looking for the correct properties format to play .wav files on my camera that originated on my computer. If I take any 'voice recorder' wav file and view the properties I get as follows:

Format:IMA-ADPCM
Audio Sample Rate:11KHZ
Channels:2 Stereo
Audio Sample Size:4 Bit
Bit Rate:88kbps

When I create a .wav file on my computer with the exact same properties then copy it directly to my "100media" folder, the camera won't play it. It'll reconize it but won't play. Any ideas out there?
rickaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 4, 2008, 4:22 AM   #5

the latest Firmware is only a patch to add jap[anese info no more. so all the above Info stands correct. If you want this latest Firmware it willnot help out any bit what so eve on fixing the issues we have.

It seams Aiptek left a XX KB or Meg on the drive for such updates. that said look for a future patch

rickaroo wrote:
Quote:
I heard there is a new firmware version 2.101. Is that true? I just purchased 2 a-hd cameras this afternoon at c.c. and both have version 1.600.

I also want to add that I'm looking for the correct properties format to play .wav files on my camera that originated on my computer. If I take any 'voice recorder' wav file and view the properties I get as follows:

Format:IMA-ADPCM
Audio Sample Rate:11KHZ
Channels:2 Stereo
Audio Sample Size:4 Bit
Bit Rate:88kbps

When I create a .wav file on my computer with the exact same properties then copy it directly to my "100media" folder, the camera won't play it. It'll reconize it but won't play. Any ideas out there?
Old Mar 7, 2008, 3:24 AM   #6

This is my first post to the forums. I joined soley because I have the exact same problem. Also, I have firmware v 2.101 and I'm waiting on the edge of my seat for a fix to this problem. By the way, this cam works fantastic on a sunny day.
I've emailed support but of course we know they take forever. I'm crossing my fingers because I really really don't want to return this camera. Its a million times better than my old IS-DV. But even that cam works better in moderate indoor lighting conditions because this firmware problem is holding back my a-hd.
David951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 8, 2008, 4:11 AM   #7

I've decided to post something that I haven't been able to find anywhere else.
This a video still image in DV mode with the lens cap on. See the vertical lines?
These lines are visible in all conditions except in heavy lighting areas like the outdoors. Even good video indoors can be ruined by filming something that is already colored black in the shot.

Here's the rundown:

1. From what I've read, this happened only after the v2.002 firmware.
2. It occurs in all resolutions of video.
3. It disappears in full zoom, or outdoor lighting.
4. It doesn't happen with still photos.
Attached Images

Old Mar 8, 2008, 6:21 AM   #8

great observation that happenedon the 1.002 as well, and when I can check I'll revise the 1.6, and the 2.002. it may be best to try every octive see when it becomes noticable.

Again 2.101 anything above 2.002. is not a fix it is an updated patch, placing an Additional language in and info no more. no fix no adjustment the same as 2.002 fix.

Somehow Aiptek has additional kb on the device allowingfor such future info to be added without deleting full firmware.

Aiptek: wonder if the cam is on a lab table Plugged in, by a computer going through every imaginable tweak. and the Proccess, how long it takes to say Hey Test 4,035 seems to be the best, 2,954 was second and 243 fixed just one problem.

I am sure it takes days, possably a few weeks, but not months.
Old Mar 8, 2008, 1:40 PM   #9

I wonder if they haveprioritized their resources to focus on newer cameras, maybe for a 2008 release of some kind? This might cause a big delay with major firmware for this model. I wouldn't think it so for a huge company, but Aiptek? That certainly seems likely. We'll just have to keep waiting I guess.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:01 PM   #10
rxr

rxr is offline   Reply With Quote