Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 14, 2008, 8:30 AM   #1
ets

I was wondering if anyone knew if the AIPTEK ISDV2.4 is compatable with 4GB SDHC Class 2. I'm sorry in advance if this forum isn't a support question community, i've been waiting on AIPTEK support for some time and decided to go find a forum that may have users who have the camera.
ets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 14, 2008, 11:40 AM   #2

Since nobody else is going to jump in here and answer this, I'll give my educated opinion. The aiptek website says the camera will work with up to 4 GB SD cards. According to Wikipedia, the SDHC standard is neccessary for any card over 2 GB. So that would tend to make me want to answer your question as YES.

I have the regular IS-DV2, not the 2.4. I've tried up to a 2 GB SD card in it with no problems, although I typically carry it around witha 256 MB module.

You'd be surprised how much you can fit on the smaller SD cards. You can easily fit 15 minutes of video on a 256 MB, which it is very rare that I take that much video in between downloads. a 1 GB stick would hold an hour, 2 GB would hold 2 hours, etc..

With a 4 GB SD card, you would probably have to change the batteries out 3 or 4 times before you would fill up the card.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 14, 2008, 9:55 PM   #3

FWIW, I've got a class 4, 4 gig card in an ISDV2+ (with the 1.5 inch screen that swivels out, but doesn't pivot) which, if I'm not mistaken, came before the 2.4. Works fine and I've only managed to fill it to capacity once, and that time it already had video and pix on it and I added a good amount more on a somewhat unplanned hike.
No_Seriously is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Feb 15, 2008, 12:35 AM   #4
ets

Thanks for the help, works perfectly fine with SDHC.

Reasoning for a 4gb SDHC was because sears had a sale going on for it at $20 which ended on the 14th. I've had the camera attracting dust since christmas so I wanted to put a card in there so I don't have to worry about pulling a SD card from somthing else if I ever needed to use it.
ets is offline   Reply With Quote