Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:35 AM   #21

88 the vid is private till you release it?

I have taken apart the A-HD+ there is less mic stem. I have taken apart the A-Hd and there is more mic stem.

I also was able to lift the speaker and having a good 1 plus inch of wire movement. the mic port can be fitted inside thespeaker housing, glued down and jack plug screwed on. for a professional look only ifthat laptop mic is adjustable this will work hardest part will be sliding the mic/speaker gray cver on , unless mic port hole is oval.

I am still looking for wire , I already have some 26 guage solid, and have stranded. I think 24 g solid will do its trick.

88impact_blue88 wrote:
Quote:
Fishy,
Here's a vimeo link of an outdoor field test (but I'm standing next to one wall, open on the otherside) of the GE mic Detacthable notebook mic). I didn't really realize the dramatic change from that of the swapped internal mic. ( I swapped the internal mic with slightly larger radio shack mic)
http://www.vimeo.com/1228852

I will try to run another quick test later where I stand in the middle of my yard so there is no voice bounce back.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:39 AM   #22

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
on the pc board there is no room for margain ifasked maybe 1 mm that's it.

if the A-HD+ that I reopened had more wire on the Mic, I bemuch happierto attempt the Mod, not afraid, just not happy with no room?
Yes, the legs of the internal mic is really close to the pc board. Thats' why I ended up cutting out the old internal mic and used a new mic capsule (Radio shack again) with longer leg wires to reconnectonto the PC board with some slack to attach the additional wires (remembering to double check that the new mic capsule is kept in the corect the neg / postive, orientation).

You mention the A-HD+ (in constrast to this mod of the A-HD (not plus)) I'd love to see/compare the inside of the PLUS model.

When I get back home tonight, I"ll try to take apart the A-HD (not plus) and take an acutal macro picture of the connection in my unit and post it here.

Thevimeo link isfix now to public setting

http://www.vimeo.com/1228852
88impact_blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 9:58 AM   #23

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

I have taken apart the A-HD+ there is less mic stem. I have taken apart the A-Hd and there is more mic stem.

I also was able to lift the speaker and having a good 1 plus inch of wire movement. the mic port can be fitted inside thespeaker housing, glued down and jack plug screwed on. for a professional look only ifthat laptop mic is adjustable this will work hardest part will be sliding the mic/speaker gray cver on , unless mic port hole is oval.

I am still looking for wire , I already have some 26 guage solid, and have stranded. I think 24 g solid will do its trick.

If you can fit the that jack into the housing and below the silver/gray mic/speaker cover, that would be the way to go. The GE PC mic with detachable notebook mic allows the tip to bend 90 degrees so that modification is possible, it would look stock.

When you wanted the use the jack the G.E. notebook mic would stick upwards and you could bend it facing the lens.

Infact, If you look closely, my 1/8" Jack does not fully sit on the gray/silver mic/speaker cover/grille. It's silightly lifted above the grille so that it may have engough space to accept the barrel of the male 1/8 phonoplug which goes into it. The circumference of the mic's male phone plug is much larger in than the width of the box of the jack and some male plugs were so wide that I could not plug it in to the 1/8 jack because the outer plug barrrel would hit the top of the grille and I could not align it into the 1/8 jack female socket.
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:03 AM   #24

I own both, there is no difference when I look at them? the chip is labeled with its firmware or ver.

the mic like I said may be off by a MM. the stem thesolder iron I have is or may be to hot, i would need to get a cold solder .

radioshack does not have the mic at hand why I abandoned the first mod, used an old mustek mic?

if I attempt andfail oh well, if I attempted my other delema is when in pocket the mic port sticks up the speaker will come out and able to slide inward a good inch it has again a few inchs of play lol

a matter of time, paitience and parts
Old Jun 25, 2008, 10:16 AM   #25

88 perfection. its a tongue twister.

I am very pleased with the sound, its quality etc I will go and make a trip one day and seewhat can do? I have a video and still working on clips one is a open field a good 30 feet away. a,d another in a building 300 plus feet reboundedsound ( not aiptek)

thisis ging to be a project. if the Aiptek, and Jazz?

the plug in mic is an online order not target correct? i gott he link and will be around 15.00 shipped will see if I can find one

Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:17 AM   #26

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:

the plug in mic is an online order not target correct? i gott he link and will be around 15.00 shipped will see if I can find one
I found mine in stock at the local Target, remember its the bendy tip one.

http://www.jascoproducts.com/product...;idproduct=604

Its also at amazon.com and other places in the web

There is acutally a headset 3-in-1 mic which has a tip which is a single wire and a bud like mic at the tip

http://www.jascoproducts.com/product...;idproduct=136
Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:18 AM   #27

example of the one I got with the plastic housing and bendy mic the 2 in 1 detachable mic style
Attached Images

Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:20 AM   #28

example of the 3-1 headset with detachable notebook mic (more expensive). This end tip extends longer than the GE 98950 model tip
Attached Images

Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:25 AM   #29

example of the olympus ME-12 NOISE cancellation mic. Note the mono tip.

Keep in mind that a mono tip plug mic into a jack wired for stereo may causes a shorting of the ground to one of the stereo channels which makes you think that the mic does not work, when in fact the mono mic works but has shorted the circuit to ground so there is no signal may be passed into the audio processor.
Attached Images

Old Jun 25, 2008, 11:54 AM   #30

Greetings:

Has anyone tried to customize the Microphone on the Action HD?

Or is it not possible because the Microphone is on the LCD panel.

Regards Robert
RobMtl007 is offline   Reply With Quote