Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 25, 2008, 12:38 PM   #31

http://www.sadoun.com/Sat/Products/G...Microphone.htm

I will have to make a trip to target then if my local one has it and is in reason of the online sites? I'll grab it. My luck today

radioshack has one item a cashier all other stuff none. not a mic of that nature, Staples , what's a mic , all built in 99 cent store oh well lol

again my luck, my fall, and the grief I am best to order online. LOL

I seen a great handy tool in RS a magnifyer and holder forthe job LOL.

Rob the IS-DV I opened up a long time ago the the mic is sodered to the main lcd board tight

I am sure this can be done and a matter of rerouting ribbon wire, even was going to place pin on side of lcd.

not yet have i heard
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 25, 2008, 1:54 PM   #32

All Parts accouted for: look for a how to when I fully complete this. paitience full detail and dedication

Old Jun 25, 2008, 7:38 PM   #33

part one is completed.

cosmetics how to place the plug on, wire the plug and solder, the next step will be the major part.

I shall Pm you 88 if you care to comment or give some inside pointers on the video

i believe if I have to show pics of great detail it be on the thread,

and I may just open a new one up

credited in the titles any more stuff one wants get in on it lol
Old Jun 25, 2008, 8:32 PM   #34

88impact_blue88 wrote:
Quote:
Yes, the legs of the internal mic is really close to the pc board. Thats' why I ended up cutting out the old internal mic and used a new mic capsule (Radio shack again) with longer leg wires to reconnectonto the PC board with some slack to attach the additional wires (remembering to double check that the new mic capsule is kept in the corect the neg / postive, orientation).
For those putting in a new capsule mic here is a link to determine the neg/ground portion of a two wire capsule mic or for those who want to build your own mic (I did not try this)

http://www.atempo.dk/mic/
Attached Images

88impact_blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 12:58 PM   #35

I've almost got all of the supplies ready, so I think I'm going to complete the mod this weekend. I bought the detachable mic on amazon for 11 dollars and got a jack yesterday. The jack, however, is not the same as yours - they didn't have 1/8'' jacks in that form. Instead I bought panel-mount, open frame, closed circuit, 2-conductor, 1/8'' mono phone jacks that the guy at radio shack said would work just as well, since the mic is mono. I don't really trust the guy since he probably has never moded a digital cam before. Also these jacks don't have a box, they are just the metal with the solder points. I have a feeling though that I need one with 3-conductors as you described.

Also, which do you think is the best way to go about this. Recently you said that by taking out the old external mic and just putting the jack in there was the best way, as it looks like it was never modded until you attach the external mic. The other way looked fine as well, by keeping the old mic, but I guess the wires are too short to work with and you bought a new mic with more give in the wires to solder. I don't plan on doing this, and would either like to remove the mic altogether or keep the old original mic and add an external jack.

Also, the Aiptek representative asked me to do a before and after of firmware update 2.002 in low light situations. So hopefully that'll help them create a new firmware update that will fix the problem.
rypeters5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 3:51 PM   #36

I took a look at that 1/8" mono pc panel mount jack at the Radio Shack site and it looks like a that wont allow for a internal mic by-pass.
88impact_blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 6:40 PM   #37

Fw do not look a gift horse in its mouth .

jack makesure it is the same as I have made a very detailed tut......

and YEs you can save the old Mic all you must do is desolder off the board the one wire. and attach a 8 inch wire cut to your size. learn from our mistakes.

you want to do OPTION C and that you can do without the mic

rypeters5 wrote:
Quote:
I've almost got all of the supplies ready, so I think I'm going to complete the mod this weekend. I bought the detachable mic on amazon for 11 dollars and got a jack yesterday. The jack, however, is not the same as yours - they didn't have 1/8'' jacks in that form. Instead I bought panel-mount, open frame, closed circuit, 2-conductor, 1/8'' mono phone jacks that the guy at radio shack said would work just as well, since the mic is mono. I don't really trust the guy since he probably has never moded a digital cam before. Also these jacks don't have a box, they are just the metal with the solder points. I have a feeling though that I need one with 3-conductors as you described.

Also, which do you think is the best way to go about this. Recently you said that by taking out the old external mic and just putting the jack in there was the best way, as it looks like it was never modded until you attach the external mic. The other way looked fine as well, by keeping the old mic, but I guess the wires are too short to work with and you bought a new mic with more give in the wires to solder. I don't plan on doing this, and would either like to remove the mic altogether or keep the old original mic and add an external jack.

Also, the Aiptek representative asked me to do a before and after of firmware update 2.002 in low light situations. So hopefully that'll help them create a new firmware update that will fix the problem.
Old Jul 4, 2008, 7:07 PM   #38

rypeters5 wrote:
Quote:
What Aiptek representatives asked you to do before and after firmware update in low light situations?

I guess Aiptek could not fix anything, becouse my Aiptek AHD200 has three firmware updates and everything is much worse now (1.6->2.0->2.3->2.4)

- vertical lines in low light
- sound is popping even in silent environments
- digital zoom isn't working smooth anymore
- sound is still cracking in my car

+ good what good things ??!!

Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 4, 2008, 10:15 PM   #39

[align=left]His name was Will Schott from the Aiptek technical support team. He said that there have been quite a few complaints about the quality of the video after the update, however, they can't do anything until they get before and after shots from mulitiple people, so they can pin-point the problem. So hopefully, I can help this a bit by sending in my comparison. I took various low-light indoor shots with firmware 1.6, and after tomorrow's update to 2.002, I'll take a some more videos around the same time of day in the same areas. Hopefully, they'll fix it soon.

Thanks for your help 88 and fish, I'm going to return the jack he gave me and just order the correct one online, as there wasn't one at the Radio Shack I went to and I don't think there is another store anywhere near me. Looks like I'll have to wait until next weekend for the mod, but that'll give me some time to practice with the solder gun. I'm going fix a couple performance microphones that haven't been working lately, so hopefully that'll hone my skills a bit.

I'll be sure to study both tutorials very carefully this week so I know exactly what to do.
[/align][align=left]
[/align][align=left]Also when I'm updating the firmware, the instructions seem pretty easy to follow, but I just want to run this by you guys. It says to format both card and internal memory separately. Plug the camera into a wall outlet. Put the files tcdam_v5v.bin and fw.bin one at a time onto the sd card. Put the card into camera and press the buttons to update the camera. Turn camera off and on repeatedly and repeat this update process until all updates are done.
[/align][align=left]They also gave me another update that I have to do as well. Do I do this after firmware update 2.002 is complete or can I just put all three files onto the sd card and do it all at once? The file is sd_v5v.bin.
[/align]
rypeters5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2008, 6:56 AM   #40

sounds about right.

they do not makes pecial firmware for any particular person PERIOD.

they are pullingy our leg, they will tell you that so that when in given time you will feel important hey look i gotfw that no one else has

then all of a sudden, oh man I am in the same boat of all the others that loaded up.

just my 2 cents, sorry .

maybe they will correct it maybe they will have a perfect fix, maybe times change. not sure anymore.

this is the A-HD correct? if it is I believe they moved on and can no longer fix the defects?