Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 25, 2008, 7:24 PM   #1
rxr

rxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 14, 2008, 4:16 PM   #2
rxr

Old Mar 15, 2008, 2:26 PM   #3

Here is complete test, you can judge yourself which is better

Sanyo:

http://www.vimeo.com/432837

Aiptek:

http://www.vimeo.com/432587

Aiptek AHD 200 price 160 €, Sanyo HD700 price 559 € in here. It looks like Aiptek is only increasing gain with nightmode, but Sanyo is also decreasing shutter so you get more light and also more stuttering at same time. Aiptek's night mode gives no stuttering but less light, Ithink Sanyo performs much better especially if you don't move the camera.
Alan Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 16, 2008, 11:09 AM   #4
rxr

Old Mar 16, 2008, 4:46 PM   #5

DO not mind at all:

My vids are not full test videos , that is 110% correct. no matter what I do it will not satasfy one person. I have to write every single detail frame per frame,

the lighting is not a 60 watt bulb they of flourecents @ 15 rated at 40 or 60, the only two 60 watt bulbs in the room are of the ceiling fan lighting total 120 cadecents.

the room is lit with the sun in the mourning if was mourning or day by 10 am-11 amthe sun is above the house, and this was on a winter day the sun more at a 7-8 o'clock position of your monitor

so again all my videos put together would realy bore you, that is why the y are broken up in segment and then removed one day. thank you

not upset, just why bother explaining every single detail is beyond me.:?

rxr wrote:
Quote:
I really wouldn't call that a complete test. He doesn't say what settings the camcorders are at. Plus the Sanyo HD700 video is small and has been converted to WMV, so it doesn't show the video noise or low light "waterfall" distortion.

Don't base your opinion just on those two videos.

And I don't need those two videos to judge for myself which is better, because I've actually owned and tried an Aiptek GO-HD $210, Aiptek A-HD $130 and Sanyo HD700 $350.

I've taken "test" videos in HD mode (1280x720) with all 3 camcorders all at "Auto" settings, in the same room under the same lighting conditions (with an 60 watt overhead bulb).

The Sanyo HD700 has the worst "low" light video quality of the three. When viewing the HD700's videos *full size*, they are noisy and have what I call a slow moving, translucent "waterfall" distortion that looks like it has been placed over top of the low light videos. I can't stand it. Raising the ISO makes it worse. And I've tried various EV, shutter, and aperature settings, but nothing really seems to help. It just doesn't perform well in low light.

The A-HD has slightly darker and more washed out (and with a yellowish hue) low light videos than the GO-HD.

So far, the Aiptek GO-HD is my favorite low light camcorder. I just wish it had better auto-focus. But the HD700's auto-focus isn't all that great either. Especially in low light; it "pumps" which also adds to the "waterfall" distortion.

In this thread: "HD700 - help with settings"
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v....php?id=586946
the person even says "i'm disapointed with it using it at night, i don't even manage to get the same quality I have with the go-hd " And the person below him mentions about how "shockingly" bad the Sanyo CG65 is in dim light. So, I'm not the only one who is isn't pleased with the HD700's low light performance.

Now, outdoors in *daylight*, the HD700 is really good, even if the colors are a bit muted compared to the Aipteks. But it also doesn't have the CMOS wobble.

Oh yeah, the audio of the HD700 is kind of hissy.

But if you own an HD700 and are satisfied with its low light performance, well okay then.

Do you own a Sanyo HD700?
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 5:40 PM   #6

rxr wrote:
Quote:
I really wouldn't call that a complete test. He doesn't say what settings the camcorders are at. Plus the Sanyo HD700 video is small and has been converted to WMV, so it doesn't show the video noise or low light "waterfall" distortion.

Don't base your opinion just on those two videos.

And I don't need those two videos to judge for myself which is better, because I've actually owned and tried an Aiptek GO-HD $210, Aiptek A-HD $130 and Sanyo HD700 $350.

I've taken "test" videos in HD mode (1280x720) with all 3 camcorders all at "Auto" settings, in the same room under the same lighting conditions (with an 60 watt overhead bulb).

The Sanyo HD700 has the worst "low" light video quality of the three. When viewing the HD700's videos *full size*, they are noisy and have what I call a slow moving, translucent "waterfall" distortion that looks like it has been placed over top of the low light videos. I can't stand it. Raising the ISO makes it worse. And I've tried various EV, shutter, and aperature settings, but nothing really seems to help. It just doesn't perform well in low light.

The A-HD has slightly darker and more washed out (and with a yellowish hue) low light videos than the GO-HD.

So far, the Aiptek GO-HD is my favorite low light camcorder. I just wish it had better auto-focus. But the HD700's auto-focus isn't all that great either. Especially in low light; it "pumps" which also adds to the "waterfall" distortion.

In this thread: "HD700 - help with settings"
http://www.stevesforums.com/forums/v....php?id=586946
the person even says "i'm disapointed with it using it at night, i don't even manage to get the same quality I have with the go-hd " And the person below him mentions about how "shockingly" bad the Sanyo CG65 is in dim light. So, I'm not the only one who is isn't pleased with the HD700's low light performance.

Now, outdoors in *daylight*, the HD700 is really good, even if the colors are a bit muted compared to the Aipteks. But it also doesn't have the CMOS wobble.

Oh yeah, the audio of the HD700 is kind of hissy.

But if you own an HD700 and are satisfied with its low light performance, well okay then.

Do you own a Sanyo HD700?
I had the HD700 for about a month and a half and found the same kind of issues with it you had.

Outside in daylight, as you said, the image is really good but once it was used indoors it's image quality was never as good as the other Xactis, no matter how you played with the ISO.

Also the still images taken with a flash were often much noisier than they should have been which I found odd and I wasn't the only person who noticed this.

I really did try to like this camera which is why I kept it as long as I could, but I thought rather than have a camera that is left behind half the time due to not being suitable for certain situations, it would be best to get my 'investment' back and use it on another camera. I am still looking for that camera and in the meantime my XActi C40 does ok for the moment.

Still the sound on the Xacti's is without a doubt far superior to the Aipteks, even with the hiss.
rgvcam is offline   Reply With Quote