Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Feb 25, 2008, 11:00 PM   #1
rxr

rxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Feb 26, 2008, 12:47 PM   #2

Just look for Fishy and you will get your answers. He's helpful.

Listen for your self

Version 2.002 http://www.vimeo.com/669793

Version 1.6 http://www.vimeo.com/669778

Fishy talks about the 2.002 update http://www.vimeo.com/412683

There is no way to roll back to 1.6 after the change to 2.002 so you are stuck. If you make the change with out contacting Aiptek 1st to accept any repair if the update goes wrong, or if you didn't like the change.
http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92
88impact_blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 10:24 PM   #3
rxr

Old Mar 12, 2008, 4:29 AM   #4

Thanks 88, RXR.

In one of my posts, and a update to the above links from 88 may need some added info, even though I mention thebox Number if they realy hold true of the firmware inside.

Observation:

If I recieved a new cam and it said FW 2.002 I would open up the cam and just look at the chip, see if the chip is stamped 1.6, or 2.002, close it up, and thendecide.

1. 2.002 cannot be flashed or rolled backwards. to 1.600 the camera chip is a 2.002, cannot tell you b/c I do not have a 2.002 brand new

2. If it was a 1.6 chip and bought brand new and had 2.002, then I wonder if Aiptek truely fixed the issue or passed the defect on?

3. 2.10X is out and it is not a Fix , but a patch for language update.

2.002 fix improved sound, video added additional intertnal m,emory, and more ONLY from AIPTEKS SUPORT, Not from the unknown sites or others findings

It is a Economy cam, and a decision to make if it is for ones self.

The GO they made a double battery After they found out the life of it wastoo short LMAO. when they should have done this in the first place.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 14, 2008, 1:49 PM   #5
rxr

Old Mar 14, 2008, 5:45 PM   #6

cannot have both worlds:

the Go mic is totally different then the A-Hd and not in thescreen so you'll still get garble sound on the GO, and the A-Hd in their ways

GO firmware isnot thesame as the A-Hd firmware cannot swap out either one for fixes even though we know the A-HD, and its firmware, and the Go and its firmware.

GO-Hd AF not the best at all, got hunting problems . A-Hd am sure I have problems and they are the sameas the Go lol

but eitherway go , or A-Hd video or not they're the same less lens no point to argue or persuede, just enjoy

rxr wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote: "If I recieved a new cam and it said FW 2.002 I would open up the cam and just look at the chip, see if the chip is stamped 1.6, or 2.002, close it up, and then decide."

I didn't open it up. I just checked the info on the LCD screen and it showed v2.002.

But I did compare the videos between my Aiptek A-HD (it came with firmware version 2.002) to my new Aiptek GO-HD (I returned the defective one) and I like the videos of the Aiptek GO-HD better. That was the deciding factor for me.

I returned the A-HD. But I would like the GO-HD better if it had a refined auto-focus.

fishycomics wrote: "2.002 fix improved sound"

I compared the audio between my Aiptek A-HD and Aiptek GO-HD and the audio is louder and clearer with the GO-HD.

I also compared my A-HD to video clips that have version 1.6 and I like version 1.6 better. With version 2.002 it is too low and muffled. The "fix" lowered the volume too much.

But really, the Aiptek A-HD (even with v2.002) is still a pretty decent camcorder for the money.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote