Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 7, 2008, 9:40 PM   #11

By the way, I don't mean to offend anybody at Aiptek, DXG, or DigiLife, etc.

However, their industry is not mature, especially where audio recording is concerned.

They apparently have not progressed to the point where they have sufficient technological sophistication to offer a product that can deliver good quality audio to the consumer by way of external microphone inputs.

I don't have the PocketDV H100 model; I have been curious about it.

But the individual in this thread who has tried it suggests its audio recording capability -- even via the external microphone input -- is not satisfactory.

I tend to believe him because everything I have seen so far relative to Aiptek is that this company can deliver a decent portable Web cam with terrible audio and that's about it.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:04 AM   #12

I don't know if it was PRO version or not, but I doubt there is any difference in sound quality between versions. Aiptek products components are just so low quality, you cannot expect good quality, but I was suprised that Aipteks sound quality is more worse than before. I bet you can hear two people talking with external or internal mic, but you got also very high electrical background noise from camera which is very annoying. If you want better sound quality and want to make it cheap, use external voice recorder (mp3 player with voice recording) and mix it when editing video, you don't need to buy anything your old Genius DV601 will do just fine.
Alan Wake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 10, 2008, 9:49 AM   #13

That's a good suggestion about keeping the Aiptek camcorder and using an external sound recorder.

I use tiny Sony MiniDisc recorders.

However, those are a bit expensive:

http://www.minidisco.com

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote