Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 5, 2008, 11:51 AM   #1

I found this 32 minute (yes, 32 minutes!) which this the guy takes apart the A-HD IN DETAIL in video. Starting from case to separating it from the board, to removing the white connector, to taking apart the door and getting behindlcd screen door so that you could close the door without so it would not shut offautomatically.

He tends to rougly manhandle the apitek during dissassembly procedures, which shows his expertise in taking the thing apart, but I would suggest going slowly for those who are taking theirs apart for the 1st time.

http://www.livevideo.com/video/E5E47...A4651EED/.aspx
88impact_blue88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 5, 2008, 4:33 PM   #2

thank you for the find I wil lcheck out one day.

I am sure you do not have to go through hell to bypass the on/off the A-Hd is simple to take apart and reassemble.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 6, 2008, 4:59 PM   #3

It is not necessary to take apart the main body of the A-HD to remove the magnet.

Use a pin to lift the edge of the control button overlay (power button side) on the LCD assy, lift the corner, remove the small phillips screw underneath . Use a small flat blade jewlers screwdriver to seperate the upper and lower LCD case in that same corner. You will have no trouble lifting the upper cover enough to get the magnet out. It took me less than 5 minutes to do.

I can't believe that guy's camera worked upon reassembly, looking at how badly he handled / threw the pieces around.

foxdirtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 7, 2008, 2:16 PM   #4

I do not need to do that iwould probably just place a metal adhesive o nthe spot that will stop the polarity or transfer.

I was able to watch the video. I am super suprized how he did not get zapped by voltage of the flash capaciter they pack punch when charged.

I am suprized the ribbon cable connecter dod not break it is glued on.

I did not get that far after that will try to finish and will save that link looks good to have a video that long to demo

LIVEVIDEO.COM
Old Mar 7, 2008, 7:30 PM   #5

Just finished watching htis whole long video finally.

There is a lot you can learn from this, and a lot of punishment " A ECONOMY CAM" can go through.

he connected before testing after the ribbon cable, the most delicate part of the operation.

It is a great job, but rather take that magnet out I would have tested my theory of peice of metal. I am sure that would be the best and easiest way of doing it

by all means

:|great find and great job

Old Mar 9, 2008, 5:52 AM   #6

Hey fishy, I just tested your idea with the metal. I tried with nickels, quarters, and aluminum foil. I even stacked the nickels and quarters and I folded the aluminum many times. Nothing was working, until I realized that the only metal that will trick this magnet, is iron. I tried one blade of a pair of scissors that was attracted to the magnet and bingo! So, apparently, what you wanna do is use metal that is MOST attracted to the magnet. This seems odd, but what happens is the magnet goes after the iron instead of the switch.
This fools the switch rather than non-magnetic metal.
What we need now, is very thin and practical metal to do the job.
David951 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 8, 2008, 4:01 PM   #7

Any updates on this? I just bought the HDV21X (Action HD 1080p) and want to disable the switch in the door. I thought maybe a razor blade might work and will try it tonight.
grofmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jul 17, 2008, 7:17 PM   #8

Hi Foxdirtrider -

You were right about the magnet! A less than five minute job, and no sign afterwards the camera has been altered. The magnet isn't held in place - after you lift the edge of the LCD panel, you can just fish around in the corner with your jewler's flathead; the magnet will be attracted to it & very simple to take out. (It's a strong little magnet too - I'm using it on my refrigerator.)

Thanks!

Brit
britalb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Aug 29, 2008, 6:16 AM   #9

Hi,
anyone who has done this on a (AHD-) HD-DV 1080P (the one with zoom lens, AHD Z500 in europe. Aiptek is rather confusing with its naming. I bought a european Z500, but its written on it HD-DV 1080P (international naming??))???

Or oppened the cam for other reasons??? The design of the Z500 cam is rather different. Eg it seems the mic is on the back of the LCD panel... I want to add a microphone jack(because the built in mic is pretty useless). And I noticed too late that the new Z600 has already a mic jack build in(at nearly the same price, at least here in europe).

Any hint/link/video appreciated!!

hdtvgr is offline   Reply With Quote