Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 10, 2008, 6:35 PM   #1

I've just got a new Aiptek A-Hd and took some video the last couple of days. The video doesn't look as sharp and no vivid colors like I've seem with the examples on this site. I have all the setting on auto. On one day it was cloudy the other sunny. I see artifacts in my roof and the siding while I'm panning. I pan very slow. Could this be a bad one. I'm going to put an example online.

Here is the example.

http://vimeo.com/772986

geohop is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 11, 2008, 4:29 AM   #2

not at my PC.

make sure you default the cam, always that possability it was not set up.

make sure the Macro is set to Infinity, and Cloudy day may make vid grey. a sunny day to t he sun will make dark.

when able to see vid I may comment more
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:23 AM   #3

Don't know.. Looks like typical A-HD video quality to me. Maybe it just isn't playing correctly on your PC?
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:01 AM   #4

I think your right about not showing great on my pc. I use quicktime to look at video. When I saw the video on vimeo it looked a lot better. What do you and other use to play the a-hd videos.
Old Mar 11, 2008, 6:29 PM   #5

1 as you panned to the endyou have lines. you also show the black a lil blotchy, but rather be picky on this. the video seems just fine for a flash2.0 player, of vimeo.

Iam on a Hotels pc it is slow and able to see the video play stutter and play. some may be very colorful, some dull, all depends again on the angle and how you shoot.

you will have to test your videos out andfind your sweet spot.

no matter what others tell you good or bad, it is fine.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 8:48 PM   #6
rxr

rxr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 11, 2008, 9:15 PM   #7

geohop wrote:
Quote:
I think your right about not showing great on my pc. I use quicktime to look at video. When I saw the video on vimeo it looked a lot better. What do you and other use to play the a-hd videos.
Some players tend to be a lot less saturated in their playback, I think QT might have been one and that it also clipped blacks.

Apple really should stuff videolan and others commonly used, and produce the most comprehensive fast, efficient and small, media player, and I don't care if ti comes with non obstructive advertising to pay fro it (rather than charging people for pro version of players).
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 12, 2008, 8:32 AM   #8

My firmware is 1.6. Yesterday I tried some more test video. I had a closeup shot of a small tree that was very sharp and vivid color. I guess I'll just have to play with a while to get the best video. Thank for the help.
Old Mar 12, 2008, 11:12 AM   #9

geohop wrote:
Quote:
My firmware is 1.6. Yesterday I tried some more test video. I had a closeup shot of a small tree that was very sharp and vivid color. I guess I'll just have to play with a while to get the best video. Thank for the help.
I have always hated quicktime because it is so bloated, so slow. Even on my dual-core 3.2 ghz machine, it takes way too long to open up and play a video. Even embeeded in a webpage it takes forever. That is why Flash ended up owning the embedded video market.

Of course, Windows Media Player is getting just as bad.

I use GOMPlayer. It is free, it is small (under 4 MB) and it plays almost everything without any additional codecs. It is not connected in any way to Media Player.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 13, 2008, 9:10 AM   #10

I cannot display MOV files at all with my computer they are stuttering too much. But I found other solution, I use Boilsoft MOV converter to convert MOV files to MPEG2 and have no speed or quality issues after that, only problem is that this is shareware program and needs full license, otherwise you only get half of your video converted. I found one free converter called MediaCoder but haven't tested it yet.
Alan Wake is offline   Reply With Quote