Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 18, 2008, 12:45 PM   #1

Hi, I was trying to get help with my MPVR. DZO-V58N. I am unable to determine the FW ver because I cannot get into the camera menu.

When powering up the camera, the screen works for about 3 seconds then goes blank. In this state I can hit the record button and see an incrementing counter on a black screen. I can also adjust the volume with the joystick and see that indicated on the screen.

Unable to access the menus, or view what I am recording as I am recording it.

I would like to factory-default it, but this is done in the menu (unless there is a key combination to do it.

I would consider a FW upgrade, and have watched FishyComics videos on YouTube hoping to resolve this, with no luck.

Any Ideas?

Thanks,

Jeffrey
mcse350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 18, 2008, 1:39 PM   #2

Hmm.. Maybe the backlight has gone out? try connecting it to your TV with the included cable and see if everything looks normal that way. (you should be able tos ee the menus on your TV)
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 1:50 PM   #3

Hi Adric,

Thanks for the suggestion. I just tried that now. I get the same output, or lack thereof, on a big screen. Menu key unresponsive. Incrementing counter on black background when record key is pressed.

Don't really think it's a backlight problem because the screen works fine on bootup and for 3 seconds or so after that.

Thanks,

Jeffrey
Old Mar 18, 2008, 3:33 PM   #4

If theLTTP screen went bad , or possable the lcd is going. Idoubt theribbon cable or senser is gone.

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 18, 2008, 3:46 PM   #5

Hi fishycomics,

thanks for the ideas.. now how would I get that fixed. The troubling thing is that the bootup sequence seems to go normally, and shows the screen and picture upon bootup.

Old Mar 18, 2008, 10:14 PM   #6

Sounds like it is FUBAR... there isn't much the end user can do to repair one of these things, even if you are an electronics guru.
adric22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 5:15 AM   #7

it may be a bios boot up of the hybrid.

if ribbon cable is damaged it is best to send forrepair the cable is GLUED on to the motherboard, will ripp off and cause many issues of visability.

I sugggest you contact the company and get your records out you have a warranty. sales reciept and 90 or 1 year. make sure it is within reason.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:23 AM   #8

Steve, Adric,

Thanks for the info.

Jeffrey