Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 19, 2008, 7:28 PM   #1

I see on the US website that the available accessories for the Go-HD (in Europe aka Z300HD) now includes a bigger battery.

This includes a new battery door to accomodate the nearly double sized batt (1800 mAh).

Compatible models are listed as:

GO-HD (model: DAM-Z5X)
MZ-DV (model: DZO-Z53)
Zoom DV (model: DZO-Z33)
Pocket DV5800 w/ Built-in Charger (model: DZO-V58N)
MPVR+ CB (model: DZO-V58N)
M-DV CB (model: DZO-V58N)
PDVR+ CB (model: DZO-V58N)

No mention of this batt on the Euro or .tw websites.

My question is, does anyone know what the generic model name or source of this battery is? I always thought it was a big advantage of Aiptek cams that they used common batts like the smaller NP-60 which are cheap and easy to find.

I'm guessing that this batt (or clones) is available much cheaper through other channels. Does anyone know what model it is?

I would rather have a few bigger batts than lots of small ones as I use the camera fixed in a car so its easy to overlook when its out of juice.

Dave

dave_cant_drive is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 19, 2008, 8:00 PM   #2

Update, the Aiptek part number suggests the battery is a PM18, although when searching on it gets some mixed results and its hard to be sure what I'm finding is the same batt as none of the pics are very clear. "PM18" also seems to get mixed up as the model of a mobile phone, as well as other things

Old Mar 20, 2008, 5:21 AM   #3

was noted when it came out LOL

unclear if a battery door is included, and battery has to stay in? if not the case then this would also work for the A-Hd.

it is clear that it is not for the A-Hd b/c of a battery door needed, or GO has that extra umph ordoes it?

lastly I would like to see thisalso for the A-Hd that will make the 90 min 180 min and satisfy my appitite. for a few extra batteries

2 of the double size OH MAN!

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 20, 2008, 5:47 AM   #4

fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
was noted when it came out LOL

unclear if a battery door is included, and battery has to stay in? if not the case then this would also work for the A-Hd.

it is clear that it is not for the A-Hd b/c of a battery door needed, or GO has that extra umph ordoes it?

lastly I would like to see thisalso for the A-Hd that will make the 90 min 180 min and satisfy my appitite. for a few extra batteries

2 of the double size OH MAN!

Ah, I guess I wasn't paying attention back then :lol:

The website makes it clear the new battery door is included in the $35 price

1800 mAh Polymer Battery w/ Special Battery Cover

and

"Special Battery Cover for PM18 included (Only Available in Black)"

I also saw a page which listedjust the door by itself for $5.

I'm sure the battery would work in the A-HD as it also uses the NP-60 so the connectors, voltage, hight & width are the same (otherwise it wouldn't fit in the Go-HD) so its just the depth that increases.

I think the only reason the A-HD is not listed as compatible is because its different shape doesn't allow the use of this particular larger door to hold it in.

Duct tape is your friend.

Do you really get 90min recording with an NP-60 from the A-HD (@720p) ?

Go-HD doesn't seem to get anything like that. Definitely less than 60min, often seems as little as 30min. This is without using the zoom at all. wondering what other differences there are, surely the autofocus can't be hurting the battery that badly?

Makes me think I want an A-HD now.

Old Mar 24, 2008, 5:07 PM   #5

Autofocus and zoom consumes electricity, I guess zoom uses more than autofocus. Another advantage is that with AHD there is no focusing and zoom sound in audio and price is also lower. I really haven't tested how long you can record with full battery, but 35 minutes is longest time I have recorder and it was fine, there was still battery left.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 1:45 PM   #6

I just ordered the battery from Amazon.
http://www.amazon.com/Aiptek-ZPT-PM1...456&sr=1-1

They're selling it for $29.99 including shipping. Select supersaver shipping of 5 - 10 days.

I paid $26 because I still have $3 on my giftcard.

I'll post in a few weeks about how long these batteries last.

I just got my GO-HD from eBay. The NP-60 took over 3 hours to charge. Is this normal?
nilreb is offline   Reply With Quote