Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Mar 24, 2008, 9:46 PM   #1

Hi,

newbie here :-)
After review info from this forum, I got a A-HD 720 for recording some of the motorsport activities I'll do in the Summer. I plan to hook up a bullet cam and a mic to the AV-in port to record footage on SDHC cards.

I got an A-HD with "Full: V2.101". I ran a test in the car with the A-HD alone. There are lots of interference noise. I think it is related to the car as the noise sort of disappear when the car is idle and stopped.

Is there a fix for this besides may be wrapped the thing around with aluminum foil?

William

potatok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Mar 25, 2008, 4:32 AM   #2

the mic is too sensitive.. 2.002 or higher notfixed.

I have tons ofvideo and need to check one out after a Aiptek repair was done, loading firmware yourself not a fix

when you drive the cams mic is moving in/out, causing the noise almost like an amplified signal, happened the first one I got theGO and th A-Hds

potatok wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

After review info from this forum, I got a A-HD 720 for recording some of the motorsport activities I'll do in the Summer. I plan to hook up a bullet cam and a mic to the AV-in port to record footage on SDHC cards.

I got an A-HD with "Full: V2.101". I ran a test in the car with the A-HD alone. There are lots of interference noise. I think it is related to the car as the noise sort of disappear when the car is idle and stopped.

Is there a fix for this besides may be wrapped the thing around with aluminum foil?

William

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 4:33 AM   #3

I would like to find out as well. I imagine that it is a Faraday cage type setup would be used.

Also check if it is vibration through your mount, shaking connections inside the camera.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 4:39 AM   #4

So, you mean audio noise, not video noise. Makes more sense.

There is an repair on a thread here for the microphone position.

If it is vibration, isolate mount (test hand held first). If it is just distortion, and you don't want to do anything to the mike, maybe try to make a little shotgun like mike dampener. To guide the sound in you want (and lower) and absorb ambient sound.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 2:50 PM   #5

I have two Aipteks

1 from a store purchase.

1 Aiptek support modified with update

very interesting theory here and hope to prove a point, not at this time

the store one will prduce your sound mufled, the Aiptek support one does not have it. could this be that the firmware fixed it, not, a personal firmware but the Aiptek support firmware.

I have footage and rather notpsot now, it is a trust factor

the mic is the same exactly the same no difference. I only opened up to relocate a switch so maro stays off.

could this be a natural defect? we will never know?
Old Mar 25, 2008, 3:54 PM   #6

I tried to fix canned sound in audio by changing mic position, but it doesn't help inside car, sound is still too loud and cutting. Inside car you need to turn mic volume down by adding potentiometer or resistor to mic, I don't know excact ohm values you have to try different resistors yourself. If you don't want to open your camera try Blu-Tack or tape over mic it efficiently dampens mic sound (i've tried Blu-Tack and it works).

Here in this forum I have read that some Aiptek firmware gives 6 dB decrease in mic volume, so firmware can also turn down mic volume, and with different firmware you get different volume. With other firmware you get higher volume and some are giving lower volume. I want my mic to be sensitive, becouse I am filming in quiet places also. Best solution could be potentiometer where you can adjust mic volume when filming in loud environments (car). Even better solution would be buying more expensive camcorder with AGC = automatic gain control for microphone :-)

here is my fix:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6nKfdbWFtgg

potatok wrote:
Quote:
Hi,

William

Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Mar 25, 2008, 3:58 PM   #7

here is a sample,I am not loading to a Hi def site yet.

Whenever I hit a bump, in the road you'll hear the camera garble. the cam is in the head rest, and that covers the Mic, and also acts as filter.

http://media.putfile.com/high-def-audio-driving

I am sure you have that sound constantly

If you watch you'll see the leaves fly to the car a cool scene winds were around 60 mph that day
Old Mar 29, 2008, 3:29 PM   #8

I have to correct my reply. Blu-Tack doesn't work inside car unless you car is real silent or drive very slow, nothing works in little bit higher speeds, perhaps only thing you could do is to install new firmware which lowers mic volume by 6 dB or/and take part your camcorder and install potentiometer to microphone so you can adjust volume yourself.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote