Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 1, 2008, 8:43 AM   #1

this is a neat thing, not just one but two. I am very tempted to get one, for my hybrid, if and when power falls shor I am sure a wire plugged in will not stop me from filming 15.00 is the price, 26 for one.

goodfor all electronic gadgets

I want one!

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old Apr 1, 2008, 11:17 PM   #2

The Tekkon 1550 is similar but uses AA batteries. So you can use rechargable AA's to recharge your camera battery.

It appears the Black&Decker has an integrated rechargable battery. So if you're away from ac for a long time, you can only get so much juice out of it. An AA system, on the other hand, is limited only by how many AA's you can take with you.

Oh, and the Tekkon sells for $20 compared to $50-55 for the B&D.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:45 AM   #3

Why you don't use spare batteries instead. I have three NP-60 batteries, when I go somewhere I just take extra battery with me, weights much less than these power source devices.
Quenaelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 2, 2008, 10:54 AM   #4

I preferre to as always carry thespares with me. as seeing the device pumps out a USB for power. and not just a battery source for a hybrid.

It is by far better to Mod a spare battery for alot less then this device and a lot lighter. I only shown for those who desire a more pro type.

I know making a spare orcarryinga spare will do fine.

for those who needs umph on the go and away, can keep this in mind with asolar panal as well. :idea:

it was a sweet deal that isall I shown

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 3, 2008, 12:07 AM   #5

Quenaelin wrote:
Quote:
Why you don't use spare batteries instead. I have three NP-60 batteries, when I go somewhere I just take extra battery with me, weights much less than these power source devices.
There are some circumstances, probably not encounted by many travellers, where one is away from any way to charge batteries for some time. Say, 2 weeks to several months.

I too carry several batteries, but what I find is that the clone batteries don't hold charges very well, and I'm too cheap to buy extra oem's. So after a couple of days of heavy use, editing etc, I'm starting to run out of power. This gizmo would resolve the problem using my existing plentiful stock of high quality NiMH rechargable AA's, while eliminating any need to buy more specialized batteries.
sgspirit is offline   Reply With Quote