Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 17, 2008, 8:21 PM   #131

I thought you meant that if the battery is a little bit higher that the lowlight capabilities should be a little bit better. I should have paid more attention.

I was supposed to have done a review of this camcorder on my blog but I haven't yet thinking that it would have been unfair if I had a rare faulty unit. I'll probably do it either tomorrow or this weekend.
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 10:40 PM   #132

Wakkadds,

THANKS for posting those clips!

You know, I could pick and pick and pick at how these clips aren't as good as clips from camcorders costing five (5) times as much money.

But... I won't do that.

Why?

Because I'm favorably impressed with what Aiptek has accomplished here.

The audio seems to have been improved dramatically!

And shooting in normal lighting looks quite acceptable for a camera with such a low price tag.

I'm planning to buy one.

I might wait until the price drops a bit, however.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 17, 2008, 11:42 PM   #133

By the way, these Aiptek clips are perfect for Apple computers because they are in .MOV format.

I just did a little experiment.

I opened Apple iTunes on my Mac mini computer.

I then used iTunes to convert your rollercoaster clip for streaming to my Apple TV (which is located in another room of my home).

The iTunes application down-converts 720/60p to 960 x 540 @ 30 frames per second.

Then I watched it on the widescreen TV that I have connected to my Apple TV box.

Even at 960 x 540 (30fps), the display looked quite good... much sharper than even the best DVD.

The auto-focus on the Action HD was really stressed in that situation; I'd say the A-HD+ would be a better choice for a rollercoaster ride, but... still... much of the action remained in focus and I was impressed.

For the type of shooting that I do, the Action HD would be great.

Thanks again for posting those clips.

Private Idaho
Private Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:16 AM   #134

A.S.A.P. camera in hand, Pm sent will ship today unopened

sfritzinger wrote:
Quote:
Is anyone willing to go to their local Walmart, buy an Action HD and ship it to me overnight? There is not one stocked locally (Reno, NV) and they are sold out on walmart.com :-(

I'll transfer the full cost up front via Paypal (for your protection) as long as you are an established member here (for my protection).

PM me if you are willing. I really want to get my hands on one. :-/

-Scott
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 10:18 AM   #135

you're welcomed
sfritzinger wrote:
Quote:
Is anyone willing to go to their local Walmart, buy an Action HD and ship it to me overnight? There is not one stocked locally (Reno, NV) and they are sold out on walmart.com :-(

I'll transfer the full cost up front via Paypal (for your protection) as long as you are an established member here (for my protection).

PM me if you are willing. I really want to get my hands on one. :-/

-Scott
Old Apr 18, 2008, 6:55 PM   #136

Can anyone comment on the overall video quality of the Sanyo HD1000 vs the Aiptek Action HD plus and non plus? I'm debating whether to pay the extra $300 dollars for the HD1000. From reading around it's much better for low light situations and has a better AF too. What do you guys think?
wakkadss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 8:16 PM   #137

I think the HD1000 is definetely from an other planet....cannot even make a comparison with the Aiptek's...but i would keep the Action HD and wait for the Hd1000 price to drop a bit....

Small question: About the Action Hd, does it come with the tripod and lens cap?
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 18, 2008, 8:28 PM   #138

As Aiptek has the cap on site for sale,

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"the A-Hd style and go-hd style are both thesame for all four cameras, the barrel may be a mm bigger but not the internal diameter

style="BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000"while aiptek used to, and other companies will protect with plastic, some will cover the lens, if Aiptek placed their caps on this be best for thoseexcited peoplewho must touch a lens. realy no need to have a lens cap but hey protection is best. mine is on and most the timeoff.
Old Apr 19, 2008, 1:47 AM   #139

Well Here is my 720p 60fps montage of macro and other shots I took on a road trip...this sunday I am going to go on a motorcycle tour, me on my vespa the rest are superbikes and harleys....give me a chance to post more videos with the cam....I want to figure a way to mount it on my helmet but not permenant, I'm thinking of using twisty ties and the small grey tripod the action HD comes w/ and just stick it my jacket or the vents of my vespa...i don't know, I'll figure something out....

http://www.vimeo.com/914710
there is the video I made to test the Action HD
I didn't do any color correction w/ premiere, next time I will...I want to figure out how to automate it that when I import it applies that right away....
pychobj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 19, 2008, 2:45 AM   #140

Oh, and tommorrow I am going to return my A-HD and go to bestbuy and pick up a A-HD+ so I when I don't want the AF getting in the way....and for a second angle at weddings I (hope to) shoot.
pychobj2001 is offline   Reply With Quote