Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 20, 2008, 4:29 PM   #151

saved 50.00 and got something that works well. LOL 720P. 100p makes no difference, its just funny that 844 proccesor is all that is needed, not 3 gigs

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
fishycomics wrote:
Quote:
Yes that was thursday for this week LMAo andposted a post on this.

I think I saved 50.00 with purchasing a jazz:G
1080p jazz? I thought the one you got only did 720p. I prefer the Ambrella encoder though.

They didn't have any in yet at the local BB. They said 3-4 days.
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 4:34 PM   #152

The A-HD+ will let me play my videos back on my 8 year old HDTV which I couldn't with the GO and A HD. It's 1080i with no tuner so it can't convert. So I would have to remux the files and play them on my BluRay player for quick plays. I also have relatives who want to buy my two 720p Aipteks. :blah:

While I was at Best Buy I looked at the Canon HF10 which I also was thinking of getting. Very small and almost pocket sized and does 24 fps. But then I may get the Red Scarlet for more serious shoots.

hdguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 20, 2008, 4:44 PM   #153

so true, so true. I think if you had the A-Hd jpeg orvid you cannot load to the A-HDPlus but 1080 tv sdtv etc should work.
Old Apr 20, 2008, 8:03 PM   #154

About the "shaking battery" problem: I haven't understood whether the defective batteries are the 1000mAh or also the 1200mAh. And does the probleam appear only on the Ahd?

Has somebody tried the new 1800mAh battery? Is it sold on Aiptek website only?

LOL, i'm making too many questions ....but these days i'm going to decide what to buy...
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 4:25 AM   #155

I had to talk somewanted audio soundt esting LOL

if you notice a loose battery place foam behind, like aiptek used to put in.

not a defe3ct, my observation to my camera body case.

no not yet tried that expensive battery if it was a few follars , maybe I already have a number of spares
Old Apr 21, 2008, 11:19 AM   #156

Ok, I decided for the Action HD, most of all because i need Macro mode.
But I can't find it online in any shop (that ships to italy).
Can somebody please buy a new one and make an auction on ebay?
Or contact me if you prefer other selling methods.

Thanks
sr71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 21, 2008, 5:06 PM   #157

The local Best Buy got some in today so I picked one up. My sound tests shows it is fine, in fact about the same as my Sony camcorder. Good work, Aiptek. I tested with me talking right next to the camera and also holding it right over my Yamaha synth while it was playing. No breakup. The 1080p video looks great that I shot outdoors and with the detail I was expecting. Very much worth the price.

My sister is planning a trip to see her granddaughter's first piano recital and asked if she could borrow a camcorder. I offered my Sony HC1 but I think that might be a little difficult for her to master very fast even in point-and-shoot mode. I'll probably loan her this instead since the audio won't be distorted and she can just put it in her purse.

It was also great to be able to play back the video on my 8 year old HD set at 1080i. Only problem and there is probably a menu setting for it the menu was still displayed at 720p.

Old Apr 21, 2008, 6:46 PM   #158

It should also be mentioned that the A-HD+ comes with a newer version of ArcSoft's Total Media Extreme that will handle 1080p and produce 1440x1080 MOV files. BTW, those who are wondering what player to use I find ArcSoft's player works fine with AHD clips.

Old Apr 21, 2008, 7:26 PM   #159

Hdguy sorry bud. got to appologise. I loaded TME and uploaded the latest, and we posted what version, the latest version I have 2.0.0.58 something like that

thosewho have theA-H or GO-HD must uninstall TME out, and you'll see the new one if not you will see its old one

Improvements will be there you'll see it. thanks

hdguy wrote:
Quote:
It should also be mentioned that the A-HD+ comes with a newer version of ArcSoft's Total Media Extreme that will handle 1080p and produce 1440x1080 MOV files. BTW, those who are wondering what player to use I find ArcSoft's player works fine with AHD clips.
Old Apr 21, 2008, 8:25 PM   #160

I uninstalled the old one without checking if it had a "check for updates" in the menu. I thought it did but last time I tried it nothing was there. The 2.0.0.58 version has a check for updates and it supposedly downloaded and installed an update but the version number is still the same.