Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Apr 22, 2008, 4:30 AM   #161

I uninstalled, and now some of the othersoftwares likeflash, if uncertain thesite updated I have to reinstall. so the fun will begin when I test it out one day/ thanks
fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 24, 2008, 12:05 AM   #162

Been away, but had a look at the night golf, Disney ride, and roller coaster.

The screen wobble on the roller-coaster is unacceptably bad, really, never seen so much in my life. What causes this, is it only rolling shutter or is there something to do with the image stabilisation as well (it is hard to examine because I am sick). The micron sensor chips have a snapshot shutter mode that is supposed to be able to compensate for rolling shutter. Unless you can set the shutter speed high, it means that you would need an external shutter to get rid of it.

The night golf, too much noise, bad auto focus, and slow integration, but what do we expect. It needs to be a lot better. A lens at least as fast as the Sanyo Hd1000, manual focus, better low light mode, better sensor would help (Manual shutter, iris, as well as sharpness and color controls (which are already good) settings (at least) would also help with some other things).

The Disney ride (and the burnt out hand while background well exposed on the roller-coaster ride) are examples of why the camera needs 4+ more stops of exposure. More latitude would allow the backgrounds to be a bit brighter when exposing for the burnt out areas.

Altogether great in normal lighting, and amazing what can be achieved in under 9mb/s h264 compared to the Sanyo HD1 series.
Wayne12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2008, 4:07 AM   #163

Here are a couple of videos that I posted on Vimeo.

http://www.vimeo.com/942267

http://www.vimeo.com/942440
Paulo Teixeira is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Apr 30, 2008, 10:20 PM   #164

I've removed the restriction that prevents people from downloading the original files on Vimeo. It's in the 720 60p format. You do need to be signed up to the site in order to downloadthem.

Enjoy.

Old May 1, 2008, 5:40 PM   #165

Hi - just wondering if the Action HD is any smaller than the A-HD+? I have the A-HD+ but it's too big to fit in my pocket... Thanks!
ZigFilm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 4, 2008, 3:22 AM   #166

Here's another clip from that event:

http://vimeo.com/971732
Old May 14, 2008, 4:31 PM   #167

After reading about the Action HD I decided to risk it and get one! I think for the price you can't beat it even with its downfalls. But after seaching all the information here, I can't seem to get a straight answer on good editing software for the video shot with the Action HD.

Here is my experience so far:

Adobe Premiere Pro CS3: wont do it..seems to see the file as a audio only file when importing video from the Action HD. Useless.

Sony Vegas 8.0a: Crashes as soon as I select any of the .MOV files files that are made with the Action HD. Useless.

Ulead 11.5 plus: Crashes a ton. Useless.

I havn't tried the Magix Edit Pro 14. Someone recommended it on here but claimed they didn't try it yet. Anyone using that successfully?

Anyone who is SUCCESSFULLY editing video from the Aiptek Action HD please tell me what software you are using. I don't care what it costs...I just want software that does editing with transitions and effects. If someone can tell me how to get it to work with any of the other packages like Adobe Premire Pro CS3

I am PC Based. No Mac solutions please.

This is very frustrating because I really need to find a good editing solution now or else the camera is useless.

Everyone has shared what doesn't work on here. Now I need to know what DOES work please!

Thanks for your help!

-davedude

davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 4:55 PM   #168

Welcome firstdaved.......

This was mentioned and in other topics. so I shall repeat , and not to worry. I already Pm'ed

I use Magex movie pro editor 12 it works fine, my only lil issue is not seeing a smooth transition playing through I have t osave and watch the vid it is my pc a lil slow 2.5 gig 4 gig vid card and 2 meg mem. think my vid card needs to be set correctly to work .

I use adobe premier eliments 3 from the sanyo xacti hd700 pkg, and not sure why yours does not work mine works with no issues at all, only personal issue would be the save sooooooooooo looonggggggg forever to save will not save to hd for me

I use Sony Vegas 8 the file will load in but no sound will be heard and will save and work just fine but will not be saved in hd for me some files will cause an error and that can be corrected by members saying change file from .mov to .mp4 etc never understood that.

I also use total extrme, and creations. if one does not care for trans and effects or sound editing this is a perfect program free with camera.

hope I have helped out. why others say never worked I guess it is an observation on my behalf thank you

davedude wrote:
Quote:
After reading about the Action HD I decided to risk it and get one! I think for the price you can't beat it even with its downfalls. But after seaching all the information here, I can't seem to get a straight answer on good editing software for the video shot with the Action HD.

Here is my experience so far:

Adobe Premiere Pro CS3: wont do it..seems to see the file as a audio only file when importing video from the Action HD. Useless.

Sony Vegas 8.0a: Crashes as soon as I select any of the .MOV files files that are made with the Action HD. Useless.

Ulead 11.5 plus: Crashes a ton. Useless.

I havn't tried the Magix Edit Pro 14. Someone recommended it on here but claimed they didn't try it yet. Anyone using that successfully?

Anyone who is SUCCESSFULLY editing video from the Aiptek Action HD please tell me what software you are using. I don't care what it costs...I just want software that does editing with transitions and effects. If someone can tell me how to get it to work with any of the other packages like Adobe Premire Pro CS3

I am PC Based. No Mac solutions please.

This is very frustrating because I really need to find a good editing solution now or else the camera is useless.

Everyone has shared what doesn't work on here. Now I need to know what DOES work please!

Thanks for your help!

-davedude

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 14, 2008, 8:20 PM   #169

Thank you for the welcome and for the response!

I am now going to experiement with Adobe Premiere Elements 4 to see if it can handle the files directly from the Action HD. I am also going to try Magix Edit Pro 12 as you recommended. I have a Pentium 2 Dual Core system with 2 GIG of RAM so we will give that a shot as well!

Thank You!

I hope support for the h264 MOV format from AIPTEK is supported better in the future with other editing applications.

davedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 11, 2008, 11:11 AM   #170

To All:

I just posted an easy simple way to convert the

aiptek mov video to mp4 that will work on a ps3

and is fast and easy. Here is the link:

http://forums.steves-digicams.com/fo...mp;forum_id=92

this appears to not hurt the video quality at all as well.

This should also work for those ppl just trying to convert

it to a more usable video for other things. Let me know

how it works.

Joewee is offline   Reply With Quote