Go Back   Steve's Digicams Forums > Digital Cameras (Point and Shoot) > Hybrid Still/Movie/MP3 Digicams

Old Jun 12, 2008, 1:44 AM   #171

Hey dunno if this is covered anywhere else in the topic, looked and cant find anything on it. Was curious as to how the A-HD+ handles PAL. I see it supports "NTSC/PAL Color System" for the TV Output, but can it record in PAL? Thats a huge selling point for me right now and I really can't find anything stating whether it does or not. I see another post on the forums about another AIPTEK HD camera supporting 25fps recording and would love to know if this model (A-HD+) does support it as well. Thanks in advance guys, I appreciate the help.

Andrew
Andrew.Lipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 5:17 AM   #172

in the camera settings under tv playback you have that option NTSC or PAL also FLICKER 50 htz or 60 HTZ

fishycomics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:06 PM   #173

Hi Andrew,

The A HD+ as u mention does not record in PAL 25fps. This is the US version of the cam and the european version is called AHD 300. Both versions of this hybrid record in either 30fps and 60fps(only in 720p) and not 25fps. The US version(A HD+) has AV input and euro version hasn't. Other than this both hybrids are the same.

As Fishy has mentioned lots of times before in other posts, these hybrid cams are PC/MAC oriented so that's why they are only available in 30fps. I don't know where u got your info about Aiptek HD hybrids being able to record in PAL 25fps but it's false. I have the AHD Z500 which is the european version of the Action HD and this hybrid is very similar to A HD+/AHD300.

If PAL recording is really important to you, you might want to get a Sony, Canon, Panasonic etc. camcorder instead as no "small" "cheap" hybrid will record in 25fps PAL. Well I've never seen one.

I hope I have answered your questions.

adalfa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Jun 12, 2008, 2:34 PM   #174

thank you

Some one heard me say it is "A PC CAM lol:G

Pal is only an output here I only placed the def of what the cam has and yes the US version thanks Adalfa for the post I had to reread and did not see record in pal?:roll:

adalfa wrote:
Quote:
Hi Andrew,

The A HD+ as u mention does not record in PAL 25fps. This is the US version of the cam and the european version is called AHD 300. Both versions of this hybrid record in either 30fps and 60fps(only in 720p) and not 25fps. The US version(A HD+) has AV input and euro version hasn't. Other than this both hybrids are the same.

As Fishy has mentioned lots of times before in other posts, these hybrid cams are PC/MAC oriented so that's why they are only available in 30fps. I don't know where u got your info about Aiptek HD hybrids being able to record in PAL 25fps but it's false. I have the AHD Z500 which is the european version of the Action HD and this hybrid is very similar to A HD+/AHD300.

If PAL recording is really important to you, you might want to get a Sony, Canon, Panasonic etc. camcorder instead as no "small" "cheap" hybrid will record in 25fps PAL. Well I've never seen one.

I hope I have answered your questions.
Old Jun 12, 2008, 10:28 PM   #175

Thanks for all the info guys, these forums rock and the support was dead on
Andrew.Lipton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 6:35 AM   #176

Hi all! First time on the site, but I've been reading this thread and it convinced me to buy an Aiptek AHD100 from QVC!

I just got it today, and I don't know if it's charging. The manual says the "cahring light" will turn red, then green once it's fully charged. But the manual doesn't show that light in any of the diagrams. I plugged my camera in and no lights have come on. If I turn the camera on, it powers up, and shows the little "lightning" symbol to indicate that it is being powered from the mains supply. Is it charging, and the manual is wrong in saying there is a light? Or is there something wrong with it?

It is entirely possible that I am doing something incredibly stupid!
Goshdarnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 7:22 AM   #177

It's OK! Disregard that question!

I just worked it out. The battery was not making a clean connection with the contacts, that was all. I reseated it about 5 times lready with no difference, but I managed to get it sitting properly eventually once I realised that was the problem. Once it's charged up I'll have to make sure that the battery is not loose and that this will not be a recurring problem.
Goshdarnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Nov 12, 2008, 1:05 PM   #178

welcome aboard Gosh........

we do the dumbest things at times...........

the battery has a notch, old school clean wit ha eraser the battery. be super careful if touching hte cameras contacts, you can bend a lil for a harder connection but they will snap if too hard. .sometime a lil tae will do on th battery.

If it continues call HSN tel the they'll be happy t o exchange they were my first choice first hybrid love them............